What's new

Will the 3GS support iOS6?

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
Will Apple's track record of iDevice support... Original iPhone stopping @ 3.1.3 & the 3G stopping @ 4.2.1. Does it make sense that the 3GS will stop @ 5.1.1? Can any of our iOS Beta users confirm/deny?

Yes it WILL support iOS 6 but it won't include all the features unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

No it's on a 4 but been doing LOTS of research as I have friends who own the 3GS.

I really thought apple would stop the 3GS at ios 5.1.1 but its good they have included ios 6 but I dont see it being very stable I am not even going to bother upgrading my iphone 4 to ios 6

Unleashed said:
I really thought apple would stop the 3GS at ios 5.1.1 but its good they have included ios 6 but I dont see it being very stable I am not even going to bother upgrading my iphone 4 to ios 6

Your iPhone 4 will work GREAT on iOS 6. Even the beta is working great on my iPhone 4. Too many great features not to upgrade in my opinion...Hope you reconsider. : )

Your iPhone 4 will work GREAT on iOS 6. Even the beta is working great on my iPhone 4. Too many great features not to upgrade in my opinion...Hope you reconsider. : )

that is good to hear that it will work Well on the iPhone 4 and usually the betas are a lot less stale so it is a good sign but my iPhone 4 also has a huge crack on the back with battery problems so that and the fact I wil probably buy the next iPhone with ios 6 on it :)

So will the the 4 have all the great features on IOS6 such as turn by turn and do not disturb which I really need? Why apple doesn't let the 4 upgrade and get Siri is beyond me. They are going to sell millions of phones anyway. Why net let the millions of 4 users get Siri. You say the beta is working great. Is it smooth because I was thinking of keeping jailbreak on 5.1.1 but I am getting a little tired of jailbreak and at least would like new iOS.

So will the the 4 have all the great features on IOS6 such as turn by turn and do not disturb which I really need? Why apple doesn't let the 4 upgrade and get Siri is beyond me. They are going to sell millions of phones anyway. Why net let the millions of 4 users get Siri. You say the beta is working great. Is it smooth because I was thinking of keeping jailbreak on 5.1.1 but I am getting a little tired of jailbreak and at least would like new iOS.

It's simple, Apple has to come up with reasons for people to buy the 4S. Siri is one reason.

Sent from my HTC One S

It won't get all of the features like turn by turn or Siri and there are a few other feateries it won't get