What's new

Will Siri ever inprove?

noddy

Reaction score
Feel like I've been conned with the 4S. I know Siri was limited in the Uk but I was under the impression it would improve quickly. It's now July and I bought this phone on release day last October.
Question is - will ios6 sort things out?

I really feel this is a big area where Apple messed up. They truly had everyone under the impression that updates to Siri would come regularly starting in the 1st quarter of 2012. From what I understand... there haven't been any updates. Apple needs to loosen up a bit w/ their tight lipped repertoire on this one for sure!!

The TV ads are misleading too. The bits where the guy says "is my brother here yet?". I can't get mine to do that.

I really feel this is a big area where Apple messed up. They truly had everyone under the impression that updates to Siri would come regularly starting in the 1st quarter of 2012. From what I understand... there haven't been any updates. Apple needs to loosen up a bit w/ their tight lipped repertoire on this one for sure!!
i agree with that,big let down.

noddy said:
Feel like I've been conned with the 4S. I know Siri was limited in the Uk but I was under the impression it would improve quickly. It's now July and I bought this phone on release day last October.
Question is - will ios6 sort things out?

Hi. I have iOS 6 installed on my iPhone and I can tell you that Siri works ALOT better and can do a lot more. It works great now here in Canada. I think you could expect it to work well too in the UK with the new IOS 6 update.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

To ask Siri " is my brother here yet" your brother has to have FIND MY FRIENDS installed on his phone and allow you to see him,.... I too have IOS 6 installed onto my phone and siri is much better, like she can update facebook/twitter.... open apps.... ask her sports fixures etc.... she can even guide you turn by turn if you ask her for example.."take me to bridge street"?.... she will open maps,plan your route, then tell you to turn in 100yrds etc,... she isnt perfect though and alot more needs to be done... eg.,, I asked her where i can buy petrol and the nearest petrol station programmed in her was 95 miles away!!!

Not perfect but a massive improvement.

Iphone 4s
IO6(beta2)

YoLo