What's new

Will.i.am to Launch iPhone Accessories

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
9833-will-i-am.JPG

A great report in The Telegraph today, all about Black Eyed Peas frontman and all-round genius producer, entrepreneur and philanthropist Will.i.am, and his plans for a new iPhone accessories range. Will.i.am will be launching the i.am+ at a special event in London next week, which is where he actually came up for the idea of the accessory, which clips onto your iPhone and turns the 8-megapixel camera into a 14-megapixel camera.

“We have our own sensor and a better flash,” he told The Daily Telegraph. “You dock your phone into our device and it turns your smartphone into a genius-phone. We take over the camera.”

Will.i.am said that the idea came to him at a photo shoot in London in 2008, when he got one of the professional photographers’ lenses and placed it over the iPhone lens. Apple has already given i.am+ a development license to allow the sale of the camera accessory and app for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5. Will.i.am says that more hardware will follow. If you want to see what the i.am+ camera looks like, it’s featured in the new video for Will.i.am’s single with Britney Spears, Scream and Shout, which is due for release next week.

No pricing as yet, it will be announced at the event next week.
Will.i.am really does put his money where his mouth is: he has personally funded STEM schools in the US and the UK, for starters, which is why he was invited to be a guest of NASA during the Curiosity Rover landing earlier this year.

Source: Will.i.am's iPhone accessories to 'turn smartphones into genius phones' - Telegraph