What's new

Wifi

keni0902

Reaction score
Can I break my 4s' wifi if I turn it on and of so often?

Sent using Tapatalk

Can I break my 4s' wifi if I turn it on and of so often?
I turn my Wifi off and on at least a dozen times a day. My answer... no. Now to elaborate... do you feel that your Wifi is suffering due to the amount you cycle it?

Can't notice anything going bad at this time... Has there been any reported issue of the WiFi being busted?

Sent using Tapatalk

Curious. Why do you feel the need to turn WiFi on and off manually?

Skull One said:
Curious. Why do you feel the need to turn WiFi on and off manually?

When you're in an area w/o wifi connectivity... why have it search for a wifi connection every time you unlock your iDevice?

When you're in an area w/o wifi connectivity... why have it search for a wifi connection every time you unlock your iDevice?

I really should figure out a way to show that the battery draw is so low that you actually use more battery switching it on and off than letting it do it automatically. Sadly I can already see some issues with the testing methods.

Skull One said:
I really should figure out a way to show that the battery draw is so low that you actually use more battery switching it on and off than letting it do it automatically. Sadly I can already see some issues with the testing methods.

I figured it was minuscule.

The only time you can "break" the Wifi toggle is if you're on a jailbroken 4S on iOS 5 and using SBsettings. After a certain amount of toggles, the toggle becomes unresponsive so you'll have to respring to get the toggle working again in SBsettings or manually toggle in Settings. Apparently it's a known bug but there's no clue on how to fix it. As for a stock 4S, nope, can't break the toggle or your Wifi