What's new

WiFi sync network name change

ScottC543

Reaction score
Hello, boys and girls. I'm Scott, the new kid. I need some help, please.

Not long ago I reconfigured my home wireless network, and changed it's name. I had previously set up my iPhone 4 to sync via wifi on the old network, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to tell the phone to look for the new network name to do the sync. I AM connecting to the wireless with no problems. I am on the latest OS.

TIA for the help. I certainly appreciate it.

Hello, boys and girls. I'm Scott, the new kid. I need some help, please.

Not long ago I reconfigured my home wireless network, and changed it's name. I had previously set up my iPhone 4 to sync via wifi on the old network, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to tell the phone to look for the new network name to do the sync. I AM connecting to the wireless with no problems. I am on the latest OS.

TIA for the help. I certainly appreciate it.

Try to do a "reset network settings" in Settings-> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

And then reconnect to your wifi and do sync via wifi.

Make sure your itunes is up to date.

Thanks so much for the reply, but that did not work. The iTunes WiFi sync is still looking for the old network name. Anyone else have any ideas?

When you open wifi it should list all available networks. If not I try to choose ask to join networks and that can pull up some new stuff. Then you obviously choose your new network name and log on.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

When you open wifi it should list all available networks. If not I try to choose ask to join networks and that can pull up some new stuff. Then you obviously choose your new network name and log on.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

This is not the issue. I can connect to my wifi with no problem. The problem is the iTunes sync is still looking for my old network (which doesn't exist any more), not my new one. I need to know how to configure iTunes to recognize the NEW network as the correct one.

That's beyond me. I just assumed whatever network your phone or computer are connected to it should work. I got a new network a few weeks ago and everything for me worked fine. No issues. Hope someone else can help ya!

iPhoneMommy

This is not the issue. I can connect to my wifi with no problem. The problem is the iTunes sync is still looking for my old network (which doesn't exist any more), not my new one. I need to know how to configure iTunes to recognize the NEW network as the correct one.
Easy, uninstall iTunes completely, make sure you back up your idevices afterwards and then load your music! This should fix it.

Try logging out of your Apple ID on iTunes, restart your PC, log back in and give it a go. Otherwise, you might have to wipe some of the cached files to get it working unless you re-install iTunes like yof said.