What's new

WIFI Program?

shawn744

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was searching through the treads and the plethora of iPhone programs online and wanted to know I'd there's a program that will switch wifi on and off based on your location so you don't waste battery ? It was an unofficial program for my blackberry torch and i found it useful to conserve battery and to avoid having to manually select networks. Any ideas ?

Much thanks!

-Shawn

same here!!! i was looking for a similar app that allows multiple PROFILES (settings configuration - one for work, one for travel) that you can choose and personalized - it would allow you to switching off in a single click all "battery draining" settings like <<locations, push mail, wifi, 3g, roaming, bluetooth, etc...>> instead of going trough many menus and sub-menus of the iphone... i guess the TRAVEL button in settings is the closest to it!

I just use SBsettings. One swipe of the status bar and I can turn of wifi and put 3G on with two presses...

An settings is with jailbreak right ? Yeah I thnk I remember having that years ago. Unfortunately I upgraded to the new version yesterday like an idiot. Guess I gotta wait.

Yep. SBsettings is in cydia. The new jailbreak shouldn't be too long. The same exploit for 4.3.1 is still availible to use to its just a case of updating redsnow...