What's new

wifi got dc when iphone sleeps

zero_error

Reaction score
this is too annoying that when i leave my iphone after it get locked or i lock it myself after a while it drops wifi
and whenever i unlock my phone it reconnects me with my wifi.
this is happening from last two days. i have read on different forums that its built in by apple but this didnt happen in last four months but happening from last two days.
please help me out :( using iphone 4 16gb factory unclocked. iOs 6 :(

Not sure what the issue is here? An iDevice is designed to stay connected to your Wifi while unlocked... and disconnects from your Wifi when locked.

Not sure what the issue is here? An iDevice is designed to stay connected to your Wifi while unlocked... and disconnects from your Wifi when locked.

ya but in couple of last months whenever i left my phone at night, it was still connected with wifi in morning :(
i dont know what happened to it now :( is there any option of never sleep ?

You need to make your post more clear. What you describe in your first post is normal operation for the iPhone. What is the problem you are having?

You need to make your post more clear. What you describe in your first post is normal operation for the iPhone. What is the problem you are having?

whenever i leave my phone "connected with wifi" after it get lock it drops connection with wifi after some 15 seconds.

and when i unlock my phone or wait it, it automatically get connect with wifi itself.

it too annoying because apps like nimbuzz and skype got dc by loosing connection :(

sorry for my english

That's normal for the phone and always has been. You could leave your phone on all the time, but it will eat up your battery life. Or if you have unlimited data you could just turn wifi off and use your data all the time and stay connected to that.

No problem with your English!

That's normal for the phone and always has been. You could leave your phone on all the time, but it will eat up your battery life. Or if you have unlimited data you could just turn wifi off and use your data all the time and stay connected to that.

No problem with your English!

oh i got my problem, in last days after waking my phone i remember wifi appears within some micro seconds. you can understand what i mean.
i meant to say that it connects Immediately but now its connecting very late. i think my phone became slow
i am saying this on the basis of my today's experience and on some past flashbacks :p . i have noticed that sometimes it connects with wifi immediately and sometimes it takes seconds for it.

should i restore settings ?

Personally, just try a hard reset of the phone by holding down the standby/sleep button and the home button at the same time till it shows the Apple logo. Doesn't lose any data and allows the phone to clean boot. Might help with your issue.

Personally, just try a hard reset of the phone by holding down the standby/sleep button and the home button at the same time till it shows the Apple logo. Doesn't lose any data and allows the phone to clean boot. Might help with your issue.

its not a hard reset its just a restart or reboot key combination.

Does it matter what it's called? That's what most on this forum call it. ^semantics lesson from someone with poor English? :p

You would do well to investigate the background of Skull One on this forum and be thankful for the help! :)

Have a good day!

I never noticed before but I'm right by my modem, woke my phone off and it said LTE even though I'm on wifi. It immediately connected to wifi.

Not a big deal to me since I'm unlimited, I'm not even sure it's a big deal if you are on a data plan.

IF the iPhone is asleep and unplugged and there has been no activity on the WiFi for 30 minutes (max time out specified by Apple's SDK) then WiFi is turned off while the phone is asleep to conserve the battery. It will auto reconnect to WiFi if awoken by the user or by an event.

its not a hard reset its just a restart or reboot key combination.

Actually it is.

When you go thru the power off only version (holding standby/sleep until the slider appears), iOS (unix) is sent the shutdown now -h (*nix version) command and all processes are sent a kill signal to halt running. A great deal of information is saved off to disk so it can be recovered when you power the phone back on.

When you go thru the standby/sleep and home button together, iOS is not allowed to do an orderly shutdown and kills the OS instantly. Nothing is saved. And the phone ignores/clears out all residual files except for the standard settings when it reboots.

You can test that if you want, but you will need to learn about *nix and the iOS SDK first so that you can understand what you are looking at.

IF the iPhone is asleep and unplugged and there has been no activity on the WiFi for 30 minutes (max time out specified by Apple's SDK) then WiFi is turned off while the phone is asleep to conserve the battery. It will auto reconnect to WiFi if awoken by the user or by an event.

I don't know skull. I sent a text and let it sleep for about 4 minutes. Then I opened it up (top bottom) and until I unlocked it was on LTE.

I don't know skull. I sent a text and let it sleep for about 4 minutes. Then I opened it up (top bottom) and until I unlocked it was on LTE.

That is spot on. I should have stated there is a minimum timeout as well as the maximum timeout. I think I remember reading the minimum is around one minute, but don't hold me to that since I am old and have a feeble memory (based on the fact I forgot to state a minimum to begin with).