What's new

Wife did

Gregsaidthat

Reaction score
So today my wife took my phone because she was mad at me and did a reset and wiped my jailbreak. I'm not worries about that because I can so that again but the question I have is why are the old images still burned on the home screen. When I move from screen to screen the way the phone was set up under the jailbreak everything is there still. How do I get rid of it

Sent using the best phone in the world. iPhone 5 rocking tapatalk!!!

How do I get those other images in the background to go away.

I have the factory wallpaper up and you can still see them. It's almost like they're burned into the background.

I am also unsure of what you are actually asking

Do you mean that the background picture is stuck and no matter what you change it to on settings it still remains the same?

That might be caused by a cydia theme i think...

Not too much experince in this field but I know that Winterboard has an option to fix this.

Open Winterboard. Press "select theme" and select "User Wallpaper" and User Lock Background"

And then you will be able to change your background picture. It worked for me but again, inexperienced with this!

What the OP means is the images are burned onto the screen. It's been on the screen so long it's like imprinted on the screen. Like an old tv if left on the same channel/image for too long it's burned to the screen? Is this right?

<3 Tapatalk <3

Do a full backup of your device and restore your iPhone. Put a new and improved password on your phone and rejailbreak. You can't remove it now since Winterboard's removed from your device and the directory is most likely moved.

I would really like to see an external photo of these "burned in" images. With all do respect... I have never seen burn in w/ an iPhone screen!!

I'm assuming the OP's wife did a reset using Settings.app, which can be a way to mess with the device in that perspective.

What the OP means is the images are burned onto the screen. It's been on the screen so long it's like imprinted on the screen. Like an old tv if left on the same channel/image for too long it's burned to the screen? Is this right?

<3 Tapatalk <3

Correct. I just took a photo of my baby and those images are still on top of the photo.