What's new

Why there were no lines for IPHONE at Verizon Stores

tfalsetta

Reaction score
I am seeing mostly existing VZ users converting over to the IphoneÂ…I think most of these users are Droid & Blackberry usersÂ….

I am not seeing many AT&T users going over to IPHONE VZ or at least not yetÂ…I think this is for two/three reasons

1. The number one reason is I think AT&T will get the Iphone-5 in July..(iphone-5 is suppose to be biggerÂ…kinda like the droid) So AT&T Geeks are waiting to for that.
2. AT&T IPHONE users are use to the Surf & talk feature and donÂ’t want to give this upÂ…
a. If you never had this feature you will never miss itÂ…So existing VZ users wonÂ’t miss it.
3. And the 3rd believe it or not the AT&T network dropped calls have improved (in the right direction).
a. I use to drop probably 20% if my calls & now I rarely drop a call.
i. VZ is still a better network but AT&T is now AntiquateÂ…
I donÂ’t think the issues around who is faster will play a role at allÂ….

· I think the biggest winner hear is APPLE
o I just donÂ’t think VZ will get too many AT&Ters switching over at this timeÂ…..

· The biggest Losers will be Blackberry & Droid
o Blackberry will be a loser because they are losers that have not come out with a successful product to compete with the Iphone/Droid.
§ I give them 5 years and they will be like a Nortel…
o Droid I think will also be a loser because I am hearing the Iphone is performing better on the VZ network then the DroidÂ…..

Comments

· I think the biggest winner hear is APPLE
o I just donÂ’t think VZ will get too many AT&Ters switching over at this timeÂ…..

Another huge winner is app developers. Judging by the huge enthusiasm of existing Verizon customers' pre-orders, and the lack of lines on the 10th, the vast majority of Verizon iPhone buyers are new to the iphone (and not AT&T converts). That translates into a ton of new app purchasers dying to fill up their new devices.
Angry Birds have less reason to be angry.

people who bought droid 1s will be up here soon having to make a choice, iphone or 4g.
Droid x people are still under contract for awhile
Droid Inc people are still under contract for awhile as well

Soon I think we will see people jump from droid to iphone, if not no big. People will switch if they want.

Personally I love the screen resolution and just wanted to try the iphone for myself which so far I am loving it, if anything I will always have my choice later on no big and no loss

I am a Droid X user and just added another line to grab the iPhone, if you were to ask me right now if I am going to keep it, not sure...the Droid X seems to do more things/things better.

Don't take that the wrong way, I am not dedicated to one OS at all...

The reasons the lines were not that long, people are worried that in June/July the iPhone 5 is going to be out and people are going to have to wait 18 months till they can upgrade.

I came over from a Droid X. There are ups and down to both. I mainly switched for my job. All the radios we sell for cars are iPhone/iPod compatable phones and it's easier for me to show a customer how it works than to explain it. I use my phone for texts more than anything and to keep me occupied on boring trips. So as far as being able to be on a call and use the web as said before, I've been a verizon customer for awhile so I can't miss what I never had. I do like the feel of the iPhone more than the Droid X as far as size goes. The X screen was cool, but after awhile the large screen became more of a hassel than cool. It was never easy to just throw in a pocket and go.

There are things I miss about Android OS, but I'm sure it's more that I don't know how to use this phone totally and don't have many apps, heck I got it last night at 6pm so I have maybe 3 hours of play time on it so far.

This is just my two cents worth.

I believe one of the main reasons is that current ATT customers are waiting for their contracts to end, period. ATT charges a lot of $$$$ for early terminations. Everyone I know with an ATT iphone in my area can't wait until their contracts are over, so they can make the switch! ATT drops call all over our city of 100,000 and ATT's reception at the coastline is NILL!

i think every one of you have made great points explaining the reasoning and who the real winners are.

smart fellers around here.

I am a Droid X user and just added another line to grab the iPhone, if you were to ask me right now if I am going to keep it, not sure...the Droid X seems to do more things/things better.

Don't take that the wrong way, I am not dedicated to one OS at all...

The reasons the lines were not that long, people are worried that in June/July the iPhone 5 is going to be out and people are going to have to wait 18 months till they can upgrade.

I haven't found one thing that droid x does better. Although I am a little confused why the ipone needs to continuously search for bluethooth devices. On previous phones it was dicoverable for two minutes and if it dectected a device it paired then and didn't continue to be discoverable.

As for no lines at the stores to buy the VZ iphone I would agree that it would seem to be that people are waiting for the new iphone.