What's new

Why so loud right afer using siri?

Primetime

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has the same issue, but right after i'm done using siri, i'll turn the phone to sleep or press the top button to turn the screen off, and the shutter sound is super loud, as if it were on the loudest setting even though my phone will be on a very silent setting like 3 notches up on the volume thats it, barely audible... But this happens every single time. Is this part of the design? I wouldn't think so..but I'm not sure. anyone else notice this? I should also point out, that after the initial "loud part" it returns back to the normal sound setting i had my phone on all along.. Its consistent each time, so thats what led me to believe it was designed intentionally this way...Or i could be totally wrong on that notion..

(Non Jailbroken Iphone 4s)

Last edited:
I'm with ya on this I've had this s couple times also it is real loud than norm agian

Yeah, i can't figure it out! I suppose it could be by design, maybe something to do with the backround noise filter or something to execute properly while in siri mode..Again, I could be totally wrong, but as long as its not abnormal I can deal with it, i just want to make sure that this is normal...

Nah I think you're right because I've tried to turn the volume down when Siri responds to me but she doesn't get quieter but everything else does. Weird. Prob not abnormal . Hopefully lol

I think is some bugs from siri. Try to turn of siri properly. And mean turn it off in setting. Reply me after you try.

ok i just disabled it and re-enabled siri...same thing, no change...this has to be common among all non jail broken 4s phones.. my phone is only 10 days old..this is my 3rd iphone so im familiar with these devices, but it is my first 4s.

I'll try the same here soon, it's prob just a bug that will hopefully get fixed with updates, this is my first iPhone and I love it

I believe this is a "feature" from Siri. I don't know why it happens, but I thinkmApple designed it deliberately to stay loud for a few seconds.

If you wait a bit, you'll notice that the sound does go back to your pre-set sound.

IOW - this is normal behavior that occurs on stock and jail broken iPhone 4Ss.

Hope this reassures.

Marilyn

Primetime said:
ok i just disabled it and re-enabled siri...same thing, no change...this has to be common among all non jail broken 4s phones.. my phone is only 10 days old..this is my 3rd iphone so im familiar with these devices, but it is my first 4s.

I m just tried mine. Mine also get louder after siri. But its ok and normal after a few seconds.i think maybe loudspeaker need sometimes to turn off after siri(coz siri using speaker). And you can try not to lock ur phone once end up with siri. Try to wait around 10-15second then only lock it. And it will be ok. I suggest if you think the lock sound is so annoying. Just turn it off.

Mickey330 said:
I believe this is a "feature" from Siri. I don't know why it happens, but I thinkmApple designed it deliberately to stay loud for a few seconds.

If you wait a bit, you'll notice that the sound does go back to your pre-set sound.

IOW - this is normal behavior that occurs on stock and jail broken iPhone 4Ss.

Hope this reassures.

Marilyn

Thanks. I feel better about it now that I know that it's normal..