What's new

Why is the iPhone 4's battery life so terrible?

Veganate

Reaction score
I've had the phone for only a month, and I've only been using it for a little over a week now. I expected the battery life to be better than the iPhone 2g's battery life, but turns out that the 2g's battery life was actually a lot better. Both devices are also jailbroken. I don't need notifications on, nor 3G, because T-Mobile doesn't support 3G from AT&T phones. I hardly ever have WiFi on unless I'm downloading stuff... What's the deal?

I've had the phone for only a month, and I've only been using it for a little over a week now. I expected the battery life to be better than the iPhone 2g's battery life, but turns out that the 2g's battery life was actually a lot better. Both devices are also jailbroken. I don't need notifications on, nor 3G, because T-Mobile doesn't support 3G from AT&T phones. I hardly ever have WiFi on unless I'm downloading stuff... What's the deal?

you might have a phone issue. I'm getting good usage on my phone and I usually keep my wifi on. I'm jailbroken

Strange. I thought this was just normal. I charge it to 100%, go to sleep, and wake up. It's then on 95% when no one has even touched it. Oh, well. I guess I'll just live with it. Also, mine would be on 70% just maybe 50 minutes after a full charge. How terrible, but once again... Oh, well. At least I finally got the phone working.

Strange. I thought this was just normal. I charge it to 100%, go to sleep, and wake up. It's then on 95% when no one has even touched it. Oh, well. I guess I'll just live with it. Also, mine would be on 70% just maybe 50 minutes after a full charge. How terrible, but once again... Oh, well. At least I finally got the phone working.

are you closing all apps after using. what's your brightness set at and turn on auto brightness. Games are a battery hog...

Something is not right it should be much better than that.

Did you fully charge then waste down then fully charge again? Cant remeber why your supposed to do it but try that.

Did you fully charge then waste down then fully charge again? Cant remeber why your supposed to do it but try that.

That used to be the case to set a minimum and maximum range. Take the battery down to nothing, then charge it full and let it overcharge for a bit to establish a 100%. Modern batteries don't really respond to that anymore.

I have not had any issues with my iPhone 4 battery, in fact it's performing better than I'd expected. I came from an Android background so I wasn't sure what I'd get out of it. I've been pleasantly surprised.

Apple still says in their tips for the iPhone to allow the battery to drain down to zero once a month and then fully recharge.

I have observed better life from my Iphone 4 vs the 3GS I had. I leave mine on 3G all day and it usually lasts 5 to 8 hours of use. My boss has a 2G and it kicked my 3GS and IP4 butt on battery life. No 3G network to drag the Iphone 2G down tho. Also smaller slower processor. Comparing the IP2 to the IP4 is like comparing a sport car to a Fiesta. Huge difference.

Iphone4 bat life is awesome. Look with all junkies apps i have running in the phone my bat can to up to 10h or time usage before reach 0%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing that I have found that if I put the auto-brightness on, I get horrible battery life as opposed to adjusting it to the environment I'm in

I'm really impressed with my Iphone 4 battery life. I just switched from an HTC Thunderbolt and it is MUCH MUCH better :) I can actually go all day with out charging my battery or worrying that I will run out of battery.

You have a bad battery. Mine is the best battery of any phone ive ever had...And I'm ancient. I had bag phones.

I used to have the same problem and when i upgrade my iphone4 freom 4.3.2
to 4.3.3 i have planty battery power all day