What's new

Why Can't I Restore this 6S

goofeyfoot

Reaction score
All:

I want to restore my 6S to factory settings. ITunes won't let me do it. It keeps repeatedly downloading some software and then it says the download didn't finish for unexplainable reasons. My internet is working fine.

Why am I locked out of restoring? I want a factory restore. I don't want to download anything. I don't want any software. I want to start over. Why is this such a big ask?

Thanks.

Michael

Have you turned off or disabled any firewalls and anti-virus programs you have on your computer? They've been known to cause problems with restoring jailbroken devices A factory restore through iTunes needs an Internet connection as iTunes downloads a copy of the current iOS version, prepares it, thenerases your iPad and installs the the newly downloaded iOS to your iPhone.

Last edited:
Have you turned off or disabled any firewalls and anti-virus programs you have on your computer? They've been known to cause problems with A factory restore through iTunes needs an Internet connection as iTunes downloads a copy of the current iOS version, prepares it, thenerases your iPad and installs the the newly downloaded iOS to your iPhone.
Yes. I even think that is included I. The troubleshooting section of the instruction link I posted.