What's new

Why an iphone?

Atomic77

Reaction score
ever since I got a hold of my first iPhone on December 25, 2018 I often wondered what makes iPhones so special from other cell phones out there. For me personally it’s the ability to do Pokémon Go and also the fact you can check your email and do things that you can do on a computer when your away from a computer. Anyone else have any thoughts to add to this?

You can do all that on an Android too.

The reason I am on iPhone is longevity. I used to have Androids, but they all got sluggish after 6 months or so and became frustrating to use. So far every iPhone I've had worked just as well as the day I bought it years later.

The reason I am an iPhone fan is they just work. When I need to do something with my phone I can. I also get updated iOS with new features and security.

Plus they are almost like carrying a piece of art with me [emoji41]

I never had the opportunity to use android but with the knowledge that I have gained over the years on technology I believe that Apple is the better product.

I use Apple iPhones because they just last longer than Androids. About 3 1/2 years longer. Its been my experience that Androids work well for about 6 months where as Apple iPhones work well for about 4 years. I just wish iPhones had the customization ability that Android smartphone have.

I find the Apple operating systems (iOS,MAC etc) so intuitive to use. I’ve tried Android using an HTC phone and it’s just too clunky for me.
Whenever I wanted to do anything with Android I found myself having to dig through obscure menu layers, whereas with iOS, the menus seem to flow and lead you much more logically.

Pokemon go has never been a consideration.
But, everyone I knew and everything I read about Iphones.......the owners were really pleased with their phones and bragged about them but I never heard that about Nexus, Google etc..

Then, I learned that it was a system that coordinated well with Air Macs but I have not gotten one of those yet.

But.....a major advantage was the software updates. Google announces a new update and then they release it for their phones first and then the other manufacturers are down the line. It may be 2,3,4 months after a new version is released before you receive it for your phone.

With an Iphone, they release the version for all their phones at the same time.
No waiting and no having to wait in line behind their favorite children like Samsung.

I'm happy with my 7 and I'll replace it with another Iphone.

I was already an Apple fan with two iPads and a Mac. I loved the integration between the devices, so an iPhone was the obvious choice, not to mention the sheer quality and reliability of Apple products!

The Apple Eco-System is what keeps me loyal.

Seamless integration from my iPad, Phone, iMac, Watch and Macbook make my technology usage an enjoyable experience. Before Apple, I remember being frustrated and constantly spent time 'training' myself to use the new laptop and/or phone. Always having to spend an afternoon texting all my friends telling them I got a new phone and lost their numbers so they should send it to me again, and then entering it all back in manually.

The resale value seems to be decent on all things Apple too, so it's good for anyone that considers lily-pad upgrades. If you got the chedda, it's a no brainer.