What's new

Who rolls with a bareassnaked iphone4????

robredd72

Reaction score
Just curious, I see people with iphones that just dont do cases. Wondering who out there just rolls with a naked iphone 4? No case, no shield, no nothing just out of the box? And how well does it hold up under comleteley unprotected conditions? You must have no protection on the phone. I'd love to see how well the phone stands up to bouncing around in a pocket with various items, or in a purse with all that stuff ladies keep in there! Closeup pics anyone. I know some of you that cant imagine your precious Iphone 4 completeley nude, like me, but I know there are tons of people out there that have the "it's just a phone" attitude, or maybe they can just afford to change phones like cloths!? So sound off folks!

Haha. Thats awsome/funny/sad at the same time. Ive never seen one of these rare instances but i guess its for the people who can affored to get a new one all the time. I can see why they would do it. Its a great looking phone and it feels perfect in the hand so i dont want to hide it away in some ugly case but unfortunately, thats the cost of it being fragile.

I have seen people use them without cases but it was when they just came out they probably just didn't get one yet. I have a case and I still have minor scratches on both sides. It's only been 3 months I am sure this thing will look like hell into the second year.

And oh yeah I run without a screen protector. Just case. Front is exposed hence the minor scratches.

Yea, I don't see it very often, but once in a while i come across folks who have a naked i4. I mean I get it why, its very simple, they pay extra $$ to get it not only for the functions of the phone, but for the looks as well, adding extra coats on the i4 destroys its original slick look.

I guess I'm weird, I've never seen mine naked. I had AT&T dress it in an OtterBox Defender case on the day I bought it, and never looked back. Not only will it be protected, I hope it will vastly increase it's resale value, when the time comes to upgrade it. The sales lady was showing me her personal iPhone4 in the store with the Defender case, when I ask her if it really worked, she then tossed it across the room about 8 foot, landing on the concrete floor and bouncing once or twice, picked it up and it was still working and in one piece. SOLD!!!!!

Ok I admit my iphone 4 was cased day one! Even though I had a mere $10 after the $200 down, I used it to buy a cheap case to cover the back and sides. I left the original clear face covering from apple on a week longer, until I could afforf a three pack of invisishield for the face for $9.00. A week later my Otterbox Defender arrrived, where it has been housed since!

I do suprsingly run into people on the street regularly with iphones bare. Unless they are using one of those completeley invisible film shields? But I do believe that some are totally loaded just dont care about cases or protection. My own mom just bought a new Samsung Epic 4G and when I told her to at least get a invisishield for the face, she answered "I hate those things they always leave bubbles on the screen, and cases make the phone look ugly! Then again my mom is loaded and upgrades regularly.

As for me, my phone has to at least last 2 years, and possibly longer. I have seen what my phones look like that haven't been cased, and it's ugly!!! My last phone was a blackberry, and when the track ball gave out, Sprint didnt even want to fix it! They claimed the moisture sticker inside was pink or whatever, that phone never touched water, but was caseless. Finally they fixed the trackball and sent me away with a phone with so many other issues.

So back to you Iphone 4 users that have no case or jack, nothing on your iphone. I mean totally NEKKID!!!! Send closeup pics of your Iphone 4's daily abuse and battle scars. I know there are those of you that cant bare to put any cloths on that sexyass baby. Sometimes I even tease myself by holding it and making a call in the nude (my phone that is), before it promptly goes back in it's brick huge Otterbox!

I guess I'm weird, I've never seen mine naked. I had AT&T dress it in an OtterBox Defender case on the day I bought it, and never looked back. Not only will it be protected, I hope it will vastly increase it's resale value, when the time comes to upgrade it. The sales lady was showing me her personal iPhone4 in the store with the Defender case, when I ask her if it really worked, she then tossed it across the room about 8 foot, landing on the concrete floor and bouncing once or twice, picked it up and it was still working and in one piece. SOLD!!!!!

You will probably have a few scratches if any lint got in it.....

Lint can scratch? Even with the best cases lint gets in. I clea my Otterbox weekly, and despite that I keep nothing else in my pocket with my phone, a good bit of lint can get in there weekly. So I dust off the phone, clean the case, and reinsert it.

My iphone 4 is near naked, just invisible shield all around it. I hate cases on my iphone(s) past and present. Just defeats the design and feel, that just my 2 cents

Yes I agree that cases are bulky and kill the "feel" of the phone. I like the invisishield all aroung the phone idea. Problem is that I drop my phone from time to time, I do believe the invisishield can protect the phone from scratches. However, impact is another beast all together! How would the invisisheild hold up to say dropping your phone on concrete in a parking garage? It would be cool to see pics of how your phone is holding up with that clear shield. Thanks for your input.

i roll naked.. and the first week my keys scratched my screen already.. my back glass case is cracked.. wish i had protective covering at the time.. but cant get any worst then what it is now.. so ive left it.. but if i had another one.. id cover it up..

Yeah stuff gets under cases and causes scratches at the points of contact. I work with wood and fine sawdust gets in there. The inside of my case has a diamond like pattern and you can see where the points of the diamonds rest on the phone. It's like damned if you do, damned if you don't. At least the screen still looks good while I am actually using it. You have to look hard to see the scratches. Oh well I was upset when I first discovered them but it is not meant to be a showpiece heirloom type thing. It's the functionality that I was after.

I didn't have a case on my original iPhone and I don't have one on my 4. I got a speck case for it, but after a few weeks I missed the feel of my phone. I love these phones not only for how they work and look, but how they FEEL. I've had my 4 fir around three months and not a scratch. By the time I got rid of my original iPhone, sure it had some scratches, but nothing bad.

My phone is always in a empty pocket or sitting on my desk. That's it. I think if you can honestly tell yourself that you can take care of it, you don't forget your phone when you throw your crap on the floor, leave your iPhone naked.

jsut got the otterbox defender yesterday, not near as bulky as some people say, and it sure does give you comfort knowing you can accidently drop this thing on the ground without much worry