What's new

Which Model Will Sell More - the 5.5 inch iPhone 6 Plus or the 4.7-inch iPhone 6?

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
iphone6-plus-specs-hero-2014

The new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus smartphones have been announced and I bet you're now looking over their specs and features, wondering whether they're worth the upgrade.

So, as you do that, think about this and let me know your answer - which model you think will sell more units - the 4.7 inch iPhone 6 or the bigger, 'phablet' iPhone 6 Plus?

It's really interesting to see how will consumers react, because almost everybody seems to want a bigger iPhone these days, but we're wondering just how big?

Will consumers be cautious and make the 'smaller step' to the 4.7 inch unit or they will be totally lured in by the mammoth iPhone 6 Plus?

I feel like they could have just as easily called the 6+ the iPad Tiny, now with LTE.
A lot of its features looked like the iPad (I'm thinking of messages and mail when the 6+ is held horizontally).

Will consumers be cautious and make the 'smaller step' to the 4.7 inch unit or they will be totally lured in by the mammoth iPhone 6 Plus?​
I think more people will buy the 4.7 for exactly that reason. Thats what is luring me in. The price is also a factor..

I'd buy the 5.5 inch, to be honest. mainly because of Android smartphones :D

I'm thinking more Apple customers might have a problem jumping from a 3.5" or 4" to a 5.5" iPhone so I'm going to say the 4.7" will sell more.....just my 0.2 cents

I think the Android crowd will be looking for the 5.5" model and the Apple crowd will stay with the 4.7" model. Most of the Apple crowd hate how big the Android phones have gotten. I've even seen some get mad over the iPhone growing to 4.7" this year. I'll be getting the 5.5 myself. My old eyes are starting to bother me with the smaller screens.

Really just have to see them in person, if they did as good as a job as the G3 (large screen avg frame) I think most people will see the bigger screen and want it. If it's note 3 sized with a large frame but still only 5.5...that would just be silly.

Either way 5.5 for me as that battery life looked good!

iPhone6 because of the size and price. iPhone 6+ is way too big.

I'm definitely getting the Iphone 6 + but I think more people may get the 4.7"

Definitely the 6 for me. I can't imagine exercising with the 6+.

Of the buyers on the forums, the Plus seems to be the most popular and what most want to buy. But in the general populations worldwide, the 4.7" 6 will probably outsell the Plus due to cost.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Definitely grabbing the iPhone 6 plus. I've been using a galaxy note 3 for the past year and love the screen size, but miss iOS terribly. I'm glad the 5.5" screen rumors were true! Pre-ordering Friday!

Definitely getting the iPhone 6+! Or the 6. Yes, the 6, or maybe the 6+ definitely! Yup, 6+... Or maybe the 6. Ya, def....

Definitely grabbing the iPhone 6 plus. I've been using a galaxy note 3 for the past year and love the screen size, but miss iOS terribly. I'm glad the 5.5" screen rumors were true! Pre-ordering Friday!
Well i used last 4 years android and now its time to switch to ios cause finaly apple made bigger screen sizes :)....the otherside i used always big screen sizes from 5" to 5,7" but the iphone 6 plus with 5,5" is a bit to large with 158mm hight.... if it where 148mm like LG G3 i had it already ordered but i choosed the smaller i phone 6 4,7" this is a good size to start with an Iphone :).
I hope apple make next year 5" screen size with same bezels or i wish at least :)

I personally would get the smaller 4.7" iPhone 6 because I don't need a bigger screen (for this I have my iPad Mini). But the trend shows that people tend to get bigger smartphone (phablets) so I would say the 5.5" iPhone 6 Plus will sell more.