What's new

which is the best texting app for me?

1eray

Reaction score
most texts i send are to my wife while we are at work....
we both have wifi coverage for our iphones at work.
part 1: is there an app we can use that will send our texts to each other via internet/wifi so that texts we send when we both have free wifi wont count against our monthly textmessaging allotment from our carriers?
part 2: is there an app that will do the above but ALSO send our texts via our carrier if one of us is out of wifi range?
thanx
Ed

1eray said:
most texts i send are to my wife while we are at work....
we both have wifi coverage for our iphones at work.
part 1: is there an app we can use that will send our texts to each other via internet/wifi so that texts we send when we both have free wifi wont count against our monthly textmessaging allotment from our carriers?
part 2: is there an app that will do the above but ALSO send our texts via our carrier if one of us is out of wifi range?
thanx
Ed

Whatsapp Messenger but it cost and Kik messenger is real good. It's free

Wait for iMessage.. it will do exactly what you for free.

[FONT=&quot]When it comes to good free apps for texting I do wonder if people know of more out there than Kik messenger. Certainly it would be worth it to pay for an app if it saves money on a texting plan. I happened to just get an e-mail about Skype's free GroupMe app. Curious if anyone likes this or is aware of it as it looks pretty interesting, especially about how one could text from even a regular phone.[/FONT]

a1insun said:
When it comes to good free apps for texting I do wonder if people know of more out there than Kik messenger. Certainly it would be worth it to pay for an app if it saves money on a texting plan. I happened to just get an e-mail about Skype's free GroupMe app. Curious if anyone likes this or is aware of it as it looks pretty interesting, especially about how one could text from even a regular phone.

Whats wrong with KIK?

What's app. You pay a couple bucks but it's great if you have wifi. It's like blackberry messenger which let's you know If and when your friend got the msg and if they read it( shown by two checkmarks). It also let's you know if your friend is online or typing. Hope this helps. I've been using it for years