What's new

Which iPhone / iPad case?

gray_mouse

Reaction score
I want to invest into cases for my iphone 4 and ipad 1. I need something that protects real well.

Thus far I'm looking at otterbox defender series.

Minuses I've read in review about those is that case itself will scratch device, gotta put something in between there, and they heavy and bulky.

I want something for maximum protection, like dropping the damn thing. I've already dropped my iphone on concrete, minor scratches, works, but not prestine.

What other cases I should look at?

^That can't be serious. I might as well stick my iphone into trojan when I'm not using it.

It is also called E13ctron and it is an aluminum cover for an iPhone and it gives a perfect look to it and it do looks the best.

I use an Otterbox Defender on both my iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. They do not slide into the case. The set into position and then the back cover is applied. The phone does not move around. My iPhones have no scratch marks.

Add bulk? Yes, but any case will do that to some degree. Heavy? No way would I call an empty Defender heavy.

You should also check the Griffin Survivor Extreme Duty Case. Expensive, but good competition for the Defender.

bc

Gray mouse you might want to check AT&T.com for a iPad case. I bought a incipio soft cover and a speck hard candy shell for $10. I don't know if still have the sale up.

BC, Thanks for the clarification on the Otterbox Defender... I was wondering about all of that!

I ended up buying otterbox defender for iphone 4 and ipad 1. I'm sorry I went with a cheaper leather imitation sleeve for iphone; phone slid out of it and fell onto concrete and now has several scratches. With a cheap phone it's not a big deal, but iphone falling like that makes you feel bad on the inside.

gray_mouse said:
I want to invest into cases for my iphone 4 and ipad 1. I need something that protects real well.

Thus far I'm looking at otterbox defender series.

Minuses I've read in review about those is that case itself will scratch device, gotta put something in between there, and they heavy and bulky.

I want something for maximum protection, like dropping the damn thing. I've already dropped my iphone on concrete, minor scratches, works, but not prestine.

What other cases I should look at?

Try capdase as it is very good for iphone4

I suggest Lifeproof cases. Protects the iPhone from mud, water, dust, shock, scratches and everything else :)

hi im looking for some advice ... im undecided which to buy to protect my sons iphone 4 as apple have just replaced his handset as he dropped it and shattered the whole of screen . what would anyone recomend the otterbox or the d30 ? thanks

I just received my LifeProof case and it is everything they claim it is. Worth every penny