What's new

Which do you prefer? telephone or writing a letter?

It's been years since I wrote a letter to anyone. I'll usually telephone or, more recently, send an email, FaceTime, etc..

I don't often write a letter, Its generally email or messaging.
I think its a great shame though that technology has all but wiped out the art of letter writing.

I prefer writing, but it's a long time since I've written a letter. At this time of the year, I used to send Christmas cards, but now I simply send emails.

Writing an email is sort of writing a letter, imo.

I prefer writing, but it's a long time since I've written a letter. At this time of the year, I used to send Christmas cards, but now I simply send emails.

I still send Christmas cards and love to get them back.
An email instead of a card wouldn't be the same for me.
Although i mostly email and love the fastness of emailing or messaging it doesn't have that personal touch of a hand written letter.

I still send Christmas cards and love to get them back.
An email instead of a card wouldn't be the same for me.
Although i mostly email and love the fastness of emailing or messaging it doesn't have that personal touch of a hand written letter.
My mother used to set aside a whole day to get dozens of Christmas cards written, signed, addressed, and bundled for mailing. She had a large checklist where she kept track of cards sent and received.

My mother used to set aside a whole day to get dozens of Christmas cards written, signed, addressed, and bundled for mailing. She had a large checklist where she kept track of cards sent and received.
I do a similar thing sci, I usually sit in front of the tv with all my cards and stamps and fill up my pen in readiness, I have a Christmas book with all the names and addresses in there and tick them off as i go, There are little boxes to tick sent and received.

I don't have many friends or contacts, especially since my divorce. Only those that I see regularly. They receive a small present for Christmas, including something like a card or a piece of paper with a poem, or something else on it.

I send emails when I include something like a special video or picture.

I don't have many friends or contacts, especially since my divorce. Only those that I see regularly. They receive a small present for Christmas, including something like a card or a piece of paper with a poem, or something else on it.

I send emails when I include something like a special video or picture.
Thats nice, You might have started a new tradition :)

Hi all, for me I prefer to write a letter. It's bec those letters are specially made by me [emoji4] coming from the bottom of my heart.I print cards and do my own design and send to fam and friends. Sealed with love, I have always time in writing letter despite of the new high technology we have now a days...

We now seldom write letters because of technology but if we receive one, it warms our heart.

I still have real pens that need filling up with bottled ink, Thats one of the things that i still love, These days when we do any writing its usually the ball point pen.

I still have real pens that need filling up with bottled ink, Thats one of the things that i still love, These days when we do any writing its usually the ball point pen.
My parents had one of these pens, and I was allowed to write with it from time to time.