What's new

Where is the cheapest place to buy an iphone 5 for use on T-Mobile?

GAMESHARQ

Reaction score
tmobile.com is currently selling the 16 GB iphone 5 for $579. Are there any other sites that have a lower or comparable price and can still be used on the TM network? I have the TM prepaid plan if that makes any difference.

willerz2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'd have to buy a used one at your own discretion. Other stores will have it at the same price. The only time you'd find it significantly cheaper is by signing a contract with a carrier. Otherwise it'll be at MSRP

IphoneMommy

Reaction score
Swappa, Craigslist, or eBay.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

OP
G

GAMESHARQ

Reaction score
Will any iphone 5 work or do I need to buy a specific model?

OP
G

GAMESHARQ

Reaction score
Would one of these work?

They say they're unlocked but also say Verizon and AT&T.

Last edited by a moderator:

willerz2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Depending on when the device was shipped, they either come factory unlocked or soft-locked, meaning a restore will make the device unlocked. Buying any second handed devices are at your own risk.

OP
G

GAMESHARQ

Reaction score
So factory unlocked is good?

Last edited:
OP
G

GAMESHARQ

Reaction score
If I buy a factory unlocked model, does it come with a sim card or do I need to buy that separately?you can get them with and without SIM cards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luther Unleashed

Reaction score
just for info thAt could be helpfull, i buy phones from craigs about once a month and am satisfied always, always inspect Thoroughly! as far as iphone 5 unlocked iv never tried but i can tell that the one on t mobile is actually a little different, its a mosified att version which is also unlocked, also the unlocked 4s has a pretty widespread problem on t mob so unlocked worries me! just trying to give truthful input that hopefully helps 😎

Most reactions