What's new

Where do you plug in the headphones?

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I was just looking at my phone, and the only opening in it is at the bottom where you plug in to charge. Where do you plug in the headphones???

I see. Thank you. Is it just me, or does it seem counter-intuitive to plug in at the bottom of the phone to listen to music?? Would it not make more sense to plug in at the top???

What if you want to listen to the phone whilst it is in a holster or crossbody bag? You would have to turn it upside down, yes?

The iPhone 4S was the last iPhone to have a headphone jack at the top of the iPhone. Most modern cases and holsters allow for this and have the charging port facing up.

Reactions: 933
Thanks, scifan57. I never noticed this before because I never uploaded any music to my 5s! The earphones for my 5s have never been removed from the box. It was always something I thought I would do, but frankly, it was never anything urgent. I would not use my phone to listen to music at home. Why would I do? The only time I would listen to music on the phone would be if I were out somewhere and bored out of my mind and thought listening to music might be nice. Personally, I would like a headphone jack to be at the top of the phone, but maybe that is not an issue for most people.

With there being so many brands and type of wireless headphones these days, most don’t have an issue with not having a headphone jack. I use AirPods myself and love them as you don’t have to worry about wires getting in your way ever!! There are many companies now making wireless headphones and they can be had for very cheap. Sound quality is another thing, but I will say I’ve had some $100 onn ones that didn’t sound bad at all, especially for what they cost me. There are definitely enough wireless headphones made today that most anyone can find something that fits their needs/wants.

True I suppose. I would not use them very often anyway, though. I hardly even listen to my music on my little boom box anymore. I rarely feel the desire to listen to an entire album anymore, and if I am hankering after a certain few songs, I listen to them on YouTube . :D

True I suppose. I would not use them very often anyway, though. I hardly even listen to my music on my little boom box anymore. I rarely feel the desire to listen to an entire album anymore, and if I am hankering after a certain few songs, I listen to them on YouTube . :D

I do the same, but use my new air pods with my iPad Pro
It's great. Take

I take that adapter and plug my phone into a good set of computer speakers. I then use the JetAudio app so I can adjust bass & treble with the equalizer.

Sorry bit behind the posts here as usual. But l never got any adapter with my 8 plus. Who sells them?
Could be useful with a low battery on a trip using an
AirPod to find my way with Google Maps.