What's new

Where Can I Find Dialer Themes?

ChezDigital

Reaction score
I'm not a big themer from an all-around perspective, but I would like to change the dialer on my iPhone 5 /iOS 6. Any of the places I look, I have to dig deep into every theme just to see the dialer. Is there a place I can find dialers on their own?

And once I do find a dialer, how do I load it? SSH/SFTP it into a specific directory and then select it via winterboard?

Anyone? I have to imagine this isn't a heavy lift, but searching doesn't yield much in that regard. What I've seen in this forum is that they are typically a part of theme packages. But isn't a dialer only a single image or maybe a few if there are rollover effects?

I don't remember the exact directory for a manual theme, but for Winterboard, the directory is root:var/stash/Themes.XXXXX/<Theme Name>/Bundles/com.apple.telephonyUI/. Haven't tried it out yet but the images should still be keypad@2x~iphone.png and keypad_pressed@2x~iphone.png. Once the images are there, implement using Winterboard.

Would there need to be an image for each key pressed?

I've never manually themed the dialer myself, but I would say no, assuming you like how the default pressed buttons look. Just like icons, you're not mandated to change all aspects.