What's new

Where Are these Folders ??

Bull_Dog

Reaction score
Hi guys

When i click on the “Photos” icon on my iphone I'm presented with 21 photo categories, One of them is the Camera Roll and one is the Photo Library but can someone please tell me where the other categories (folders) are located on the phone ?

I've tried searching for them with ifile and ifunbox but i cant seem to find them.

Thanks ;)

Hm, if you are trying to access your iphone photos from a computer, you will only be able to see the Camera Roll. The rest are saved at system locations not accessible via your computer.

Thanks for the reply ;)

I was afraid of that.

The phones jailbroken so is there any software out there that can read the folders?

I want to back them up onto my pc before deleting them.

Thanks again ;)

Use either iExplorer or iFunBox to root your device and see if you see the other categories in there as well. If you created the categories/folders yourself, you should be able to see them in the default directory for photos.

Use either iExplorer or iFunBox to root your device and see if you see the other categories in there as well. If you created the categories/folders yourself, you should be able to see them in the default directory for photos.

Thanks

I forgot all about iexplorer, it was the only software that found the folders and allowed me to back them up.

I now have a new problem.....

I'm unable to deleted any of the files.

On the phone itself, if i open one of the picture or videos the little trash bin disappears so it leave me with no option to delete them

And if i right click one of the files in iexplorer the option to delete is greyed out.

Does anyone know why this could be?

Thanks again ;)

EDIT:

I just tried again and iexploer greys out the option to delete even if i try and delete a photo from the camera roll folder.

Last edited:
Manually look for the media directory containing the photos using iFile and remove them that way. If you're positive that the delete is final, empty the trashbin directory for iFile as well.

Manually look for the media directory containing the photos using iFile and remove them that way. If you're positive that the delete is final, empty the trashbin directory for iFile as well.

Thanks for the reply ;)

That's the strange thing....

I cant find the files with ifile or searching for them with any other software apart from i explorer.

Can you think of any reason why i explorer wont let me delete any files?

Well iExplorer is more of a backup program. Real-time changes are actually not that great with iExplorer. But if all goes to hell, you can try iBackupBot. Make a backup of your device, open up that backup with iBackupBot, look for the photos you want deleted, and remove them from the backup. Then restore that very backup.

Result: You edited the photos out of the backup, and restored it, so they're essentially removed manually

Well iExplorer is more of a backup program. Real-time changes are actually not that great with iExplorer. But if all goes to hell, you can try iBackupBot. Make a backup of your device, open up that backup with iBackupBot, look for the photos you want deleted, and remove them from the backup. Then restore that very backup.

Result: You edited the photos out of the backup, and restored it, so they're essentially removed manually

A bit of progress....

I've managed to find the pictures in this location:

Root – Var – Mobile – Media – PhotoData – Sync – 101SYNCD.

On the iphone and iexplorer the pictures are grouped into separate folders but they are all in this one 101SYNCD folder.

Do you know what this folder is used for as i don't want to delete anything from there and then find that it causes problems down the road.

Thanks

Locally stored media files are unique to each device and/or instance, just like the rendered file names for applications that you've installed. Move them to the trashbin directory of iFile and respring to see if anything happens.

As a contingency in case something goes wrong, make sure your have Wifi turned on, SSH turned on, MobileSubstrate as well as Substrate Safe Mode installed.

I don't foresee any issues, but if it does come up, you'll have a backup. If you want to be even safer while doing this, install ILEX R.A.T. as well

Locally stored media files are unique to each device and/or instance, just like the rendered file names for applications that you've installed. Move them to the trashbin directory of iFile and respring to see if anything happens.

As a contingency in case something goes wrong, make sure your have Wifi turned on, SSH turned on, MobileSubstrate as well as Substrate Safe Mode installed.

I don't foresee any issues, but if it does come up, you'll have a backup. If you want to be even safer while doing this, install ILEX R.A.T. as well

Sorry but you've lost me with these bits.....lol

“SSH turned on, MobileSubstrate as well as Substrate Safe Mode installed.”

Can you explain how i turn on SSH? and i thought MobileSubstrate was always on and vie never heard of “Substrate Safe Mode” how do i check this ?

You have to install OpenSSH and possibly a trigger for it. Or, if you just install OpenSSH, it'll turn on but you'll have no way to turn it off without running terminal commands, which isn't that big a deal. If you have MobileSubstrate installed as one of your packages, you'll have Substrate Safe Mode installed as well.

You can check to see if these packages are installed by opening up Cydia, and viewing your installed packages.

You have to install OpenSSH and possibly a trigger for it. Or, if you just install OpenSSH, it'll turn on but you'll have no way to turn it off without running terminal commands, which isn't that big a deal. If you have MobileSubstrate installed as one of your packages, you'll have Substrate Safe Mode installed as well.

You can check to see if these packages are installed by opening up Cydia, and viewing your installed packages.

Thanks

I had a quick look and i already have mobilesubstrate and substrate safe mode installed and ill look up openssh.

Is it normal for the files to be stored in the folder 101SYNCD under the Sync folder as from the path it seems like this folder would just be used to store files for syncing with itunes....etc ?

I have over 1500 mixed pictures in there (some to keep and some to bin) so its going to be a right PITA to move just the ones i don't want in to ifile’s trash :-(

It's normal to have it. Sometimes the 101 is occasionally different from one device to another but if you sync albums/photos over from iTunes, they'll be there

It's normal to have it. Sometimes the 101 is occasionally different from one device to another but if you sync albums/photos over from iTunes, they'll be there

Right...

I deleted all the picture and videos that i no longer want and rebooted the phone to make sure nothing was being held in memory (you never know).

When the phone rebooted i found that not only are all the folders still there but so are the pictures.

If i look in the folders using iexplorer the pictures are just blank files so I'm guessing its just some left over files somewhere.

In the sync folder there's a file called assetsAlbumOrder maybe that has some data in it.

Have you got any other ideas what i should try next?