What's new

Where are the apps in iTunes (Windows 7) ?

Paul60

Reaction score
I'm a very casual user of Apple iTunes on my laptop. (Windows 7).

I need to download a 150mb app through it as my iPhone says the file is over 100mb and I don't have access to WiFi.

So, my question is, how do I get from the iTunes store to the App store ?

All I can find is music & films etc. No apps??

I have downloaded apps before (it's always been a frustrating experience), but now I can't see where to find the app store.

Help appreciated.

I'm a very casual user of Apple iTunes on my laptop. (Windows 7).

I need to download a 150mb app through it as my iPhone says the file is over 100mb and I don't have access to WiFi.

So, my question is, how do I get from the iTunes store to the App store ?

All I can find is music & films etc. No apps??

I have downloaded apps before (it's always been a frustrating experience), but now I can't see where to find the app store.

Help appreciated.
The iOS App Store has been removed from iTunes 12.7 in both Mac and Windows versions of iTunes. The only way to buy apps now is on your iOS device.

Oh, that's handy. Thanks for the info.

So now I am limited to files under 100mb.

Any idea where I can find a previous version of iTunes for Windows please ?

Generally, Apple only has the latest version of iTunes available for download. There are third party sites with download links for older versions but you could be taking a risk by using these sites.
If you have a wired internet connection at home, have you considered hooking up a WiFi router to give yourself an internet connection anywhere in your home. This would solve the cellular download limit.

Generally, Apple only has the latest version of iTunes available for download. There are third party sites with download links for older versions but you could be taking a risk by using these sites.
If you have a wired internet connection at home, have you considered hooking up a WiFi router to give yourself an internet connection anywhere in your home. This would solve the cellular download limit.

Hi scifan57,

I use a wireless dongle with my home laptop. No land line, 'wired' connections or routers here.

I looked around and found a site that hosts the 'old' versions of iTunes, but the download function doesn't work.

I'll keep hunting around.

Thanks again for the info and suggestions.

Sometimes Apple shoot themselves in the foot for no apparent reason

Is there any way around the file size download limit these days ? Surely someone must have found a way to get around it ?

I haven't had the need to download much in the way of apps since 2012.

Is there any way around the file size download limit these days ? Surely someone must have found a way to get around it ?

I haven't had the need to download much in the way of apps since 2012.
The only way around the file size limits for cellular downloading would be in a jailbreak and there is as yet no jailbreak for iOS 11.

I currently have 281 apps on my iPhone. So I get a fair number of app updates. In my experience, very few go over 100 mb. I've had only 2 that I recall. One (every time) is Facebook. Don't recall the other one.
OP, I would go where wifi is available to download those large ones. McDonald's...anywhere. I used to do it a lot before I got wifi and had only 2 gb of data per month.