What's new

When to buy my iPhone 4S?

RudyL90

Reaction score
I understand that pod2g is making good progess with his jailbreak. So I guess I should buy an iPhone 4S soon?
When the jailbreak is out, Apple will probably patch it in the next firmware. And if that firmware is on my brand new iPhone 4S, I would not be able to jailbreak it! Am I right?

What should I do?

From what we're seeing pod2g is making decent progress towards porting his Jailbreak to the 4S. Although, no one really knows if it will be released before or after the next major firmware update. My suggestion... go ahead and buy your 4S now.

thomasjtsi said:
From what we're seeing pod2g is making decent progress towards porting his Jailbreak to the 4S. Although, no one really knows if it will be released before or after the next major firmware update. My suggestion... go ahead and buy your 4S now.

I second that 100 percent I finally jailbroke my phone and i love it even more now I have my iphone 4 14 months now and i love it Since i j-broke it i am afraid to turn off my phone incase something happens☺☺☺loL

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Technically, even after they patch the jailbreak you'll still have time to buy a 4S. After a new firmware update is released it can take several weeks and even several months before Apple sells their stock of devices with the older firmware on it.

Jmills87 said:
Technically, even after they patch the jailbreak you'll still have time to buy a 4S. After a new firmware update is released it can take several weeks and even several months before Apple sells their stock of devices with the older firmware on it.

True. But in that case I am taking a risk which I rather do not take. :)

Thanks for the information guys!