What's new

When does an app disappear?

mike1

Reaction score
I had the Southern Sky app on my iphone 6 until recently. Now all of a sudden, it's gone-and no..I did not delete it. What could have happened to it, and how do I get it back? Thanks.

If you go to Settings>General>Usage and scroll down the list of apps, is the missing one there? If it's on the list, maybe it's hiding in a folder on another homescreen? If it doesn't appear on the list, it's not on your iPhone.
You can use spotlight search to find the missing app if it's on your iPhone.

If you go to Settings>General>Usage and scroll down the list of apps, is the missing one there? If it's on the list, maybe it's hiding in a folder on another homescreen? If it doesn't appear on the list, it's not on your iPhone.
You can use spotlight search to find the missing app if it's on your iPhone.
that path really didn't get me anywhere. But going into settings and scrolling down the list did bring up all my apps and it wasn't there. Howevever, after going to the app store and searching for that title, it seems it no longer is available?..at least I don't find it. So if an app goes belly up, does the app simply vanish from the phone? Seems like there should be a notification.

When an app is removed from the App Store, it does not disappear from your iPhone. It just means it can no longer be purchased or downloaded by a new user. If it's still in your purchase history, it can be redownloaded.

Sometimes the app can also disappear from the purchase history. If that happens, you need to have it stored in your iTunes library on your computer to be able to transfer it to your devices.

Has your app disappeared from your purchase history? Did you ever back up your iPhone to iTunes when the app was still on the iPhone?

When apps disappear from the App Store, there is no notification to users of the app.

For the last several years I've stored my entire iTunes library on an external hard drive. This means that no matter what happens to an app in the App Store or any other iTunes content, I've got a copy on my hard drive and can transfer it to any of my devices.

Did you backup the phone to a computer look in the backup see if the app is there under the apps section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know for years the chinese gov had a chinese train app that showed the train station in english/chinese they eventually quit supporting it but i need it for my travels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk