What's new

What's the fastest way to send a photo?

What's the fastest way to send a photo? Which way do you use?

• 3) Taking a photo using the messages app

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DrumsOfGrohl

Staff member
Reaction score
IMG_2391.PNG

If I take a photo and want to message it to someone, what's the quickest way to do this? I have 2 ways I commonly use, but I'm not sure which is faster. I guess I'm also curious which way other people do it, regardless of speed.

1) Go to Photos, select the photo, tap Share, tap message, enter name or number, send.
2) Go to messages, tap Compose new message, enter name or number, tap the Camera button, select the photo and tap Send 1 Photo (or if it's not recent, tap Photo Library, select the album, select the photo, tap choose).

Alternately, does anyone actually go to messages first before they take a photo, then tap "Take photo or video" and send it? Lets call this option 3.

I think I use all three equally plus I also add photos to email. And then there's the whole Facebook thing.

Yes I often send photos in emails too.

To answer Drums question though I couldn't any which method is faster.

I've sent photos both ways, but using the messages app on cellular is much faster for me. The disadvantage for some users is that their cellular data plan may charge extra for sending picture texts. Messages over WiFi is still faster for me, even with my slow WiFi speed at home.

I think that depends who you are sending photos to. If someone on another end can accept photos only via email - that is better to use email. When you btap on the photo you get the options and there is no matter for you how will you send the photo. That is more important to understand how user will receive the one.