What's new

Whats in that other folder

iCrank

Reaction score
I just checked my storage space in cydia and found this. Can someone tell me whats in the other folder

Attachments

• $image-357968339.jpg
    $image-357968339.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 400
iCrank said:
I just checked my storage space in cydia and found this. Can someone tell me whats in the other folder

Well from what I can gather it's
Cydia tweaks and apps
Cache
Temp Internet files

Apparently the iPhone stores a lot of temp Internet files, cookies, cache, and things of that nature. Overtime the file can get huge. The only way to get rid of it all is to restore, use open ssh, or use iFile.

darkstar2007 said:
Well from what I can gather it's
Cydia tweaks and apps
Cache
Temp Internet files

Apparently the iPhone stores a lot of temp Internet files, cookies, cache, and things of that nature. Overtime the file can get huge. The only way to get rid of it all is to restore, use open ssh, or use iFile.

Ok. I'm just over here going through Cydia seeing what packages I can get rid of. Because I'm having a weird bad drain.

iCrank said:
Ok. I'm just over here going through Cydia seeing what packages I can get rid of. Because I'm having a weird bad drain.

I've had to do that as well. I used iFile. I deleted about 2 gigs worth. "Other" is only using 3% on my phone now.

iCrank said:

You have a pretty good bit of iTunes content stored. It could be album artwork that's taking up a lot of the space as well. Since it falls into the other category.

Just go to /var/mobile-/var/mobile/media-/var/mobile/media/iTunes_control-/var/mobile/media/iTunes_control/artwork.

That could be the culprit.

Last edited:
darkstar2007 said:
You have a pretty good bit of iTunes content stored. It could be album artwork that's taking up a lot of the space as well. Since it falls into the other category.

Just go to /var/mobile-/var/mobile/media-/var/mobile/media/iTunes_control-/var/mobile/media/iTunes_control/artwork.

That could be the culprit.

Yeah I synced close to 800-900 gogo songs. Only some of the bands have actual artwork.