What's new

Whats behind your screen name?

iCrank

Reaction score
I see a lot of unique names here and was interested about how your screen name came about. What's behind it? I'll start it off

I chose iCrank because I have a deep love for Washington DC and Maryland. Crank comes from a style of go-go music. You can read more about it here.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go-go

This is the only genre of music that I listen to. My wife introduced me to it in the summer of '09. So in the end my name comes from something that I hold dear to my heart and that's Gogo music.

Last edited:
My screen name came about because I live in the "Vacationland" in the US known as Maine. In Maine, we have great beautiful summers and even better snowy winters, although all the tourists seem to miss out on this, and I fell the winters are almost better than the summers. I love snow, and because of this when I was 4 or 5 my parents and I would go skiing early in the morning on weekends. It was great, I had a blast and enjoyed winter to the fullest. After a few years of skiing, I started noticing people snowboarding, and as I got more adventurous I would sometimes choose a small hill at the bottom of the resort and go down on a single ski mimicking the people on the mountain snowboarding. After a while I finally got around to asking my parents if I could try snowboarding, they refused to let me go until I was 9 (for some odd reason) on my 9th birthday I was given a snowboard! My birthday is in October and so I only had to wait around a month for the snow to start falling and I could try out my new snowboard! As things turned out I enjoyed it much more than I enjoyed skiing and have stuck with it every winter since. I have gotten pretty good at it, and after becoming confident in not only double black diamond trails, but doing glades on a snowboard (they are much easier on skis,) I started to enjoy going to "the park". The Park for those who don't know is where all the jumps, kickers, half or full pipe, and rails generally are. This is where it gets fun. Showing off what tricks you can do, and learning to do others, interacting with people that are both better in skill level and worse drew me to the park. This is where my SN comes from. Fstyleboard. It stands for "Freestyle Board", which is both a way to describe riding park, and also an event in the Winter Olympics. After that long winded story I hope you enjoyed my background :)

Mine originated when I was in the 7th grade (I'm 36 now). My Basketball coach nicknamed me "ryno." He thought it was easier to say at practice instead of my real name ~ Ryan. Plus, when I drove in the lane it reminded my opponents of like going head-on against a Rhino ;). So the nickname stuck to this day. "rod" is just the 1st 3 letters of my last name. "32" is the jersey number of my all-time favorite player Magic Johnson.

And that's how I came up with my screen name lol.

rynorod32 said:
Mine originated when I was in the 7th grade (I'm 36 now). My Basketball coach nicknamed me "ryno." He thought it was easier to say at practice instead of my real name ~ Ryan. Plus, when I drove in the lane it reminded my opponents of like going head-on against a Rhino ;). So the nickname stuck to this day. "rod" is just the 1st 3 letters of my last name. "32" is the jersey number of my all-time favorite player Magic Johnson.

And that's how I came up with my screen name lol.

Nice.

Mine originated from my teen years. I loved skateboarding, and I always used darkstar boards :D I loved the graphics on the boards and well it took off from there! 2007 is the year I graduated high school. It was the most memorable year. My friends and I just let loose and had fun. We didn't let anything bother us and we just made sure to make the best out of it :D! I'll never forget the fun times we had that year! Thus my alias became darkstar2007! :D!

darkstar2007 said:
Mine originated from my teen years. I loved skateboarding, and I always used darkstar boards :D I loved the graphics on the boards and well it took off from there! 2007 is the year I graduated high school. It was the most memorable year. My friends and I just let loose and had fun. We didn't let anything bother us and we just made sure to make the best out of it :D! I'll never forget the fun times we had that year! Thus my alias became darkstar2007! :D!

Nice. It's funny how all my good friends are skateboarders. I have a friend who should be pro but he doesn't think it. I should teach you my trick called "the two step Ollie to earth" it's fantastic and low risk of injury

Last edited:
Mine came from the job I do. I work for the railroad switching out train cars and the term is kicking (cars ) So that's were ikickem2 came from.

iCrank said:
Nice. It's funny how all my good friends are skateboarders. I have a friend who should be pro but he doesn't think it. I should teach you my trick called "the two step Ollie to earth" it's fantastic and low risk of injury

Well it sounds awesome lol. I'm nowhere near pro status though lmao!

darkstar2007 said:
Well it sounds awesome lol. I'm nowhere near pro status though lmao!

Lol. I was talking about walking. 

darkstar2007 said:
Your bad joke attempt pwned me lol. I was thinking what the? Lol :D!

Lol. Haha. I didn't mean to. Im just scared to ride skateboards.

iCrank said:
Lol. Haha. I didn't mean to. Im just scared to ride skateboards.

Ah I've fell so much it don't bother me too much. Although you won't catch me trying to do many tricks. Lol. I just rode my board mostly. I could do an Ollie and i pulled off a 50-50 grind a few times. That's it though! I kept breaking my boards. Tricks became too expensive lol.

Well I need to stop before I derail this thread lol.