What's new

what is this under the battery?

mark805

Reaction score
first post hi guys! so I foolishly thought I could replace the battery myself and probably dealt a fatal blow to a pristine x. it actually caught fire...twice! amazingly everything works except the camera and the flashlight both will cause the phone to shut down. here's the question, under the battery there's a thin black plastic with what looks like anti-seize under it, some kind of heat shield? anyway most of it was destroyed removing the battery and I don't see this part on any of the part sites . im replacing front camera, power flex and of course a screw set to replace those grain of sand size screws that are somewhere in the carpet. I figure its worth a try! think just a layer of electrical tape will suffice?
thanks! don't be too hard on me....yes im a jackass

If ifixit doesn’t know what it is or have a breakdown video explaining what it is then you may have to reach out to Apple directly.

first post hi guys! so I foolishly thought I could replace the battery myself and probably dealt a fatal blow to a pristine x. it actually caught fire...twice! amazingly everything works except the camera and the flashlight both will cause the phone to shut down. here's the question, under the battery there's a thin black plastic with what looks like anti-seize under it, some kind of heat shield? anyway most of it was destroyed removing the battery and I don't see this part on any of the part sites . im replacing front camera, power flex and of course a screw set to replace those grain of sand size screws that are somewhere in the carpet. I figure its worth a try! think just a layer of electrical tape will suffice?
thanks! don't be too hard on me....yes im a jackass
I found out its the pad that allows wireless charging! replacing the front camera was the fix!