What's new

What is the meaning of life.. 42? ... What?

zipur

Reaction score
SIRI comes up with some strange answers. But I found a post which cleared up this answer for me.
42 Is the angle of a rainbow thus this is the promise of life and the meaning of life.

Its a Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference I think

SIRI comes up with some strange answers. But I found a post which cleared up this answer for me.
42 Is the angle of a rainbow thus this is the promise of life and the meaning of life.

Sorry, no. It comes from the Douglas Adams book "The Hitchkiker's Guide To The Galaxy." It's the answer to the great question, of life, the universe and everything. Forty-two.

I highly recommend reading the book. There is also a movie on DVD that you can watch if you are reading impaired (IE hate reading) or simply want to watch Zooey Deschanel for a while.

Yes I read the book and watched the movie. I am aware of that version but Siri tells me different I choose the rainbow degree answer. With all due respect to Simon Jones and his wonderful book.

It's not Simon Jones' book, even if Douglas Adams did have him in mind for the radio character. :p The BBC version movie is pretty good though.

What I want to know is what happens if you ask Siri what the Ultimate Question is...

Is this as I read it? You ask Siri what the meaning of life is and it answers 42? As like the thread states its hitch hikers guide to the galaxy and if you type in 42 on google the second answer is this film. If you ask what's the meaning of life, it's the first answer. All Siri is doing is googling what you ask it.

iHolophyte

All Siri is doing is googling what you ask it.

No I think that this reply is actually something it's programmed to do rather than googling, because when it uses web search it seems to always ask first (do you want to search the web?) and when it uses Wolfram Alpha it always puts it in that funny-looking box thing.

No I think that this reply is actually something it's programmed to do rather than googling, because when it uses web search it seems to always ask first (do you want to search the web?) and when it uses Wolfram Alpha it always puts it in that funny-looking box thing.

Ahhh right ok. I wouldn't know I don't have the pleasure of Siri 😏

iHolophyte