What's new

What is the difference in the bundles?

mach1man

Reaction score
So I've been looking at the themes in iFile and I notice that under bundles there are a few different write ups.

com.apple.**** Then I see this

com.saurik.**** Then I see

com.yourcompany.*****

What is the difference between all the bundles?

Bundles are basically used for backwards compatibility if you're using Summerboard. But bundles target specific apps, whereas Folders target the "general" core graphics

Ok so could I use iFile to create a new bundle for the app The Weather Channel and use the stock weather apps icon?

Ok so could I use iFile to create a new bundle for the app The Weather Channel and use the stock weather apps icon?

Or, if you wish, just delete the WeatherChannel folder (under the theme Bundles). Then, the theme's auto-icon skin should theme the stock icon to match the rest of the theme. Then - you won't have the theme developer/artist's interpretation of that app (it will match the rest of the AppStore icons that didn't get "special" treatment from the developer).

Marilyn

That's the thing there is no folder or bundle fur the weather channel. I mean the app is themed right for my theme. I just want to take the stock weather apps icon theme and make it the weather channels icon them.

Is Appinfo an actual app or is it somewhere in the theme?

Thank You ALL!!!! You guys have helped me and now with app info i can fix/change some icons.