What's new

What is the best network in the uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristan

Reaction score
Just got my iPhone and just wondering which is the best network to go on, my iPhone is unlocked so I think I can use any sim card

Just got my iPhone and just wondering which is the best network to go on, my iPhone is unlocked so I think I can use any sim card
well i am on 3 mobile,Pay as u go,i get quite a good deal,coverage can be a little patchy around the country but not anything that bothers me,i get good coverage at home and i find customer service excellent.

I have to agree with poisonivy.. I started off using o2 but their calls and rates are just as expensive and even though you do get free wifi spots with them in a lot of places in the uk 3 offers true unlimited data for £15 a month and on the iphone its easy to use 5GB+ a month.. or if you are looking for cheap then GiffGaff could be good, they use the o2 network but are able to offer cheaper calls and texts and also offer unlimited data (within reason) for £10 a month so I would go with one of two networks, though ever since people are abusing the GG network they might be stopping unlimited data and for that reason I use 3..

Vodafone,t-mobile,orange,tesco(they use the o2 network) am I missing any other carriers? They dont offer very good deals.

I'm on giffgaff with my 4S and the signal is amazing, full strength everywhere I go, I live in Kent and most people dont get good signal but I'm happy with full bars, plus giffgaff have amazing deals like free calls and texts to other giffgaff users 3 months after you run out of credit/goodie bags so I would recommend giffgaff :) in my opinion.

Giff gaff use the O2 Network but they are able to offer better deals because there is no phone support and most of the time you rely on other users who get rewarded to help others but it really does work and they offer a decent amount of data for £10 a month, yes they do claim to be true unlimited but the moment they created that thread about the 1% of users who abuse it and asking users what they should do, from that moment it stopped being true unlimited but for me even 10gb a month is plenty so gg is very good but I still hate the name giffgaff:/ I don't know why but it just annoys me lol

I am on Three, the one plan, cant complain about much except the customer service side over the phone, but today it was announced that three wont be charging extra for 4G when they release it sometime this year

I am on Pay As You Go from Three. Although coverage isn't as good as the likes of O2, Three offer good value for money and some very useful addons, such as 500MB of data and free texts to all Three users.

Your rates will be decreased if you use addons regularly too.

I use EE now, only uk carrier to do 4G but also every tariff has unlimited calls and texts so all you pay for is the different data allowances that range from 500mb to 20GB.

the main reason I use them though is I get 40% discount a month from any tariff plus got a free S4 lol.. while 3uk is good you dont get many calls or texts so you are really paying for an internet connection

3 have a new tariff now on pay as u go,talk 3p a minute,texts 2p,net 1p per MB,thats pretty unbeatable i reckon.

3 have a new tariff now on pay as u go,talk 3p a minute,texts 2p,net 1p per MB,thats pretty unbeatable i reckon.

not bad at all! I found most places I went out of cambridge had bad signal with 3, so when I was offered 40% off a month from EE and given a free S4 and 85 pounds out of the till they basically gave away the contract, they say if staff have EE they will try encourage others to go with EE ;)

so far its working... I was surprised at how good they are, even on a 3g connection I get 22megs down and 6 megs up, only problem is the data is very expensive, you go from 500megs to 20GB limits and pay 61 per month for 20gb on sim only plans or if you get a phone its 71,

I am eager to see what 3 will come up with when they go LTE and will they rename to 4 lol

Vodafone and EE now do 4G... others are slowly rolling it out, though the 3 network will be doing true unlimited 4G for the same as they do now, so if data is something you use mostly I would go for 3, or EE for unlimited texts/calls

I have checked out other networks periodically and i still think 3 is one of the best, they take some beating.

of course, since Three are giving it away for free you have no rights or comeback when it comes to 4G. If it's not available or just not good, then tough, you haven't paid for it.

I think you should opt for EE as it is the leading mobile network in UK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.