What's new

What do you do with your old iPhone?

SheerLuckiPhone

Reaction score
Do you:

1) Sell it (Where to whom?)

2) keep it (as a backup, ipod use, other use)

3) give it to a friend / relative?

4) Throw it in a drawer?

As with all my older Apple gear I tend to put it to other uses......in the case of iPhones they become ideal media centres, working in conjunction with my Apple TV I take them back to the stock apps, add a few, like Remote and any apps to access my NAS drive, etc then pack out the remaining space with movies and music. It gives them new life and they end up as a very fancy looking home entertainment system.

The Archangel

you could always do what ^^ said and use it with your current accessories and media centers that way you dont have to rush out and get an adapter... you could go on craigslist/amazon and find someone who wants to buy it (i wouldnt recommend ebay because they take a % of whatever you sell it for)... you could give it away... there are old phone donation boxes at best buy and similar places who will donate it to soldiers and victims of tragedies...

theres a lot of options

I'm on the fence with selling it, or keeping it. We have 5 total iP4's on the family plan so having a spare might not be a bad idea.

in my case the wife will get my White 32gb ip4, but that is only if i ever go for either the 4s or 5.

tbh thus far nothing is tempting me to part with the hard earned wedge.

SIRI? from those i speak to seems more of a novelty factor than being used much,

i don't really care about more processor speed as i don't play games on it.

i do wonder what the cost if 4g will eventually be, i'm already on t-mobile/EE sim only, not into downloading films etc. so what i have is fine as most times i use my home or clients WiFi.

i'm sure others are waiting even sweating cravenly to Que up at Apple Store Etc. in massive lines

if i see a s/h white Ip4s 64gb for the right price - then maybe, just maybe i'd be tempted, but not by the ip5

- as yet ;).

i usually sell mine but this time instead i gave my 4s to my son.

When I get my new iPhone 5, I plan to keep it since it's my best friend, but I can't keep paying the $85/month AT&T bill. I will have the service turned-off so exactly which features of the phone can be used without service? Can I continue using my same phone number and will the same Apps work as in my turned-off phone or must I sign-up again? I am confused.

Typically I sell one to buy the next but this time I just boxed up my 4S and put it in the drawer when I upgraded to the 5!

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

I keep them. I had two 4, a white and black and a black 4s. All 16g. When a water logged my 4s in the washer I went to Verizon. Found out they bought them and walked out with a new black 5 64g and 200$ gift card. But now I have no back ups. At least I keep the boxes. They look cool with all them together

What? Oh, alright, it's a paperweight that plays music etc... I'll try not to be insulted. The iphone 4/4S are beautiful pieces of technology. Heavy indeed!

;)

As I tend to look after my kit really well one of my adult children normally receive my cast off.

Leave it in the apple 4/4s stand, connect to Bluetooth speakers and stream music from iTunes, alarm clock and stream video to TV from iTunes - can also use as handheld GPS, but new phone works for that to. Can keep in the glovebox when traveling - just in case - or pass on to someone you want to FaceTime with. Hmm old phone seems pretty versatile to me :eek:

I traded my 4s with Verizon and got $230 which paid for my upgrade and then some :)

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)