What's new

What do people see in Verizon?

JTSVMktg

Reaction score
Why is everyone excited about a dumber smart phone?
I thought the whole purpose of smart phones was to be superior.....

Data + Voice (Multi-tasking)

The Verizon iPhone has a CDMA chip, which means no multi-tasking because it runs voice and data on different tracks. AT&T wins here, allowing you to use apps or search sites while talking. You're on the phone discussing plans to go to the movies - you browse movie times, read plot summaries and buy tickets without hanging up. The iPhone also has great GPS navigational apps, you can give directions to people that are lost.

Multitask through boring conversations so why would I switch to a lesser phone?

John T.

Honestly I have never felt the need to do something else while talking. I don't talk that much anyway. People just like Verizon better I guess. I don't really care ATT gives me adequate service so I have stuck with them. I don't have a hard on for either company really.

Every person i know who has AT&T around here has done nothing but complain about how horrible their service is. I've always had great service with verizon, so in someplaces verizon is a superior company IMO

one thing could be that Verizon as 3g everywhere I guess. Why would you really want to surf the net while talking anyways? just a waste in my opinion. the IPhone is the superior phone in HMO. I had a droid x and it was the worst phone I ever had. Why its number one? My opinion its last. Sold it quick, to get my Iphone on Verizon. and also have a iphone on ATT, which will be sold before long. just my opinions here..nothing more, nothing less..

Living in Oklahoma and traveling through out the US I've always had service/no service issues everywhere regardless of the provider. Nextel, Sprint, AT&T and with all the people I know with cell phones same issue, depends on your location for coverage. It always depends on the tower or satellite proximity etc....

More of a technical question of comparing the specs of each phone but since you can do more with AT&T iPhone what do people see in the Verizon iPhone?

I've always had a PC however IT at work is going MAC now instead of thinking MAC is only for graphics I see it is smarter to have a computer that is both MAC and Windows compatible verses just being limited by Windows only.

Why have a phone that is capable of doing twice as much on a different network compared to another.

John T.

I live in NY and the AT&T service near me is very spotty. Dropped calls with any phone while on the highway is very common, always at the same spots. Verizon here is flawless.
The whole talk/surf debate is a non-issue for me. I bought this as a phone/ipod/videocam first, and mobile web device second.

Not all people that buy a Verizon iPhone have the same requirements as you. For me, the Verizon iPhone is a perfect fit.

I have always been with Verizon for their service and coverage. Traveling one of my main runs from Atlanta to Charleston, I had an AT&T work phone for awhile. I can't count the number of times I had to return a call on my Verizon because AT&T dropped the call. Some people are in stronger AT&T areas. I just happen not to be.

Honestly the coverage for Verizon is defo better where I am at. It's actually a wash in the city but once you go an hour in any direction ATT gets pretty crappy. I know Verizon is fine North and South of Pittsburgh. If I had to move back to my home town I would have no choice but to switch.

i've been using smart phones since windows CE, and have never had a need to talk and use the web at the same time.

so, that being said, verizon has better coverage, and therefore thats who i go with.

I live in Central PA and had VZW for eight years. When AT&T released the iPhone 3G, I moved to AT&T. I dropped more calls in seven months with AT&T than in the previous eight years with VZW. Where I live VZW has 3G coverage. AT&T does not but, when home, my wifi helped. What really caused me to drop AT&T -- sitting in Beaver stadium during a home PSU football game. I had all bars but could not make a call, send or receive email, text, or internet (State College has solid 3G coverage) yet the folks around me that had VZW could do anything.

While visiting family in Charlotte NC, I dropped calles consistently!

First and foremost the device is a phone and if the carrier can not deliver then, for me, the value of the device is truly diminished. On VZW I do not drop calls!

Just my experience.

Mike

The bottom line: it's all about your location!! VZ is great and AT&T is great, at particular locations. And they're BOTH bad in others. What else is there to say!

The bottom line: it's all about your location!! VZ is great and AT&T is great, at particular locations. And they're BOTH bad in others. What else is there to say!

And that, as they say, is that. ;)

I have literally never had to do anything while on the phone with someone. AT&T's only dig to verizon is a very pathetic one. I've tested it and i can play multiple apps while receiving all texts and FB notifications and I even get my texts and such when i am on the phone with someone.

Sorry AT&T .. you appeal to rude people that like to do other things than listen to the people that took the time to call and speak to them on the phone cause they arent ever listening to you.

I have literally never had to do anything while on the phone with someone. AT&T's only dig to verizon is a very pathetic one. I've tested it and i can play multiple apps while receiving all texts and FB notifications and I even get my texts and such when i am on the phone with someone.

Sorry AT&T .. you appeal to rude people that like to do other things than listen to the people that took the time to call and speak to them on the phone cause they arent ever listening to you.

They appeal to rude people? Lol. How rude! I am a polite ATT customer!