What's new

What cases did you get for you iphone 5s

DayoDee

Reaction score
I was wondering which cases everyone brought that owns a iPhone 5s because I have the OtterBox and just brought a spigen tough armor case for it

I was at the Verizon store and bought the Mophie 100% battery back up case. I really liked it and couldn't find much about them with reviews pretty much extremely positive or just a few just as negative. Verizon warrants it for a year and it's a very nice case and has the soft rubber feel to it plus when it's down to 1/4 of the charge you just turn it over and flip on the charge button. About an hour later it's 100% charged and you can turn the button off. At night you plug it in to the micro USB and in the morning everything is at full again. I have a 5s and found a 2500ma one that stated it was for a 5s but when came it was for a 5 or so it said. It still fit perfectly and was just the tiniest bit thicker. (Maybe 1/64 of an inch thicker) I sniped it for almost nothing thinking it was used but it wasn't.) No idea why it was 1/4 the price. I use the phone in my HVAC business and am usually on it all day. I figured I'd have a back up and the price was too good.

The neatest part for me is I just came from the Android world and everything in my house and trucks is micro USB cords and chargers. You can't sync with the case on but you sure can charge. I already had everything I needed and those micro USB cables and chargers are everywhere and affordable.

I'll update this if I have any failures on either of the cases. I'm hoping Black Friday finds me a deal somewhere on another IPhone for the wife. She's still on Sprint with an HTC Shift. (great phone but Sprint is having some issues in my neighborhood right now.)

The picture attached is with the case that came in a new box saying it was for an IPhone 5. The phone inside is a 5s. Picture taken with the old HTC Shift.

Since I came from the new HTC One, the IPhone with the protective case, is about the size and maybe a little smaller then the HTC One with an Otterbox case. Not much different for sure and this one has a charger built in it.

Final note: My phone is running on the latest incarnation of the operating system. 7.0.4

Attachments

• $morphie5.jpg
    $morphie5.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,128
Last edited:
I have an otterbox defender, I'd like to modify it to put a Glas.Tr on instead of the built it but I'm starting to lean towards the Glas.Tr and a tough armor case.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Well I have gotten a spigen tough armor case that is very slim and I truly indeed love this case for my iPhone 5s

I also went the Spigen route with a Tough Armor and Glas.Tr, but I've used their products for the last couple iPhones I've had along with my son and daughters iPhones. My son uses one of Spigens leather wallet cases and he loves it, he is pretty picky and changes cases a lot trying to find something he likes but has had the wallet one for a while and says he loves it.

I also have the Apple leather iphone case for my 5S and it's actually not a bad case, fits snug and doesn't add much bulk at all.

I would love to get the Portenzo Alano Slim for my phone, some day.

I really would like a case for my 5S with a built in screen protector.. I am pretty hopeless at putting the sticky back ones on and in my job they tend not to last long anyway.

Any suggestions for cases with built in screen protection but still allowing the finger print scanner to operate would be greatly appreciated.

I really would like a case for my 5S with a built in screen protector.. I am pretty hopeless at putting the sticky back ones on and in my job they tend not to last long anyway. Any suggestions for cases with built in screen protection but still allowing the finger print scanner to operate would be greatly appreciated.

Otterbox Defender for the 5/5s has a cut out in the built in protector for the touch sensor.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iPF.net

Life proof case. I like it a lot but still to thick for my taste so I may get a speck or belkin case in the future.

I like the Spigen case line up. They have a variety of quality cases along with a variety of colors

Last edited: