What's new

What can you achieve from jailbreaking your phone?

Hey guys must be a stupid question for you.. but whats tethering?

tethering is the ability to hook up your iphone to your laptop and have it use your 3g connection to surf the internet on your laptop :) is very handy if your travel a lot maybe on train or bus or some ways...

so im assuming it uses up your month data plan?

i dont think you need to jailbreak for tethering anymore i have that option under network settings

right you are... BUT when you chose that option you have you pay your carrier monthly, its not free like it is when you get it from cydia ;)

i dont think you need to jailbreak for tethering anymore i have that option under network settings

right you are... BUT when you chose that option you have you pay your carrier monthly, its not free like it is when you get it from cydia ;)

oh so your carrier knows when you tether the legit way and you have to buy a special data plan? and with the jailbreak route you just use your data like its being used right off the device?

Jailbreaking gives you complete freedom to do what you want with your iPhone. Isn't that a breath of fresh air compared to a Government or Apple telling you what to do.

+1 for this. I have the same opinion.

Overtime said:
IM haing the hardest time trying tether with anything but mywi. anyone have any steps on any tether apps that are $20 like mywi?

Pdanet works I'm using it. And it's free

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Can I tether my iPhone 4 Verizon that's jailbroken to my iPad 2 since theres no jailbreak for iPad 2, can I do this. If so what do I need to download on each device????

Can I tether my iPhone 4 Verizon that's jailbroken to my iPad 2 since theres no jailbreak for iPad 2, can I do this. If so what do I need to download on each device????
go to the "dev-team blog" and download the latest redsnow jailbreaking tool. download verizon cdma 4.2.8 ipsw from internet or use the one downloaded by your itunes and which is already in your computer. Follow redsnow onscreen instruction to jailbreak your verizon iphone. Remember to backup your iphone via itunes before do anything about jailbreak.

Control the world with the tap o f a finger

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net by iPhonecaptain.com