What's new

Wet iphone currently on rice.

LuisM1234

Reaction score
So yesterday at 8pm i dropped my phone on water, i took it out almost immediately. I then turned it off and put it on rice. Today i took the phone out to show my mom, i pressed the home buttom and it was actually still on and the phone looked good from what i saw, no lines or anything weird on the screen, everything good. Is this a good sign?​

So i dropped my iphone on water, i dried it off with my towel as soon as possible. Before i did any research i was dumb so what i did was turned on my phone, everything seemed to be working well, but the sound was worse, there was sound but not alot, about 5 minutes later the sound got a better, not 100 percent recovered but it was better. Now that i did the research on how the save the iphone i turned it off and put it in rice and now its been sitting there for a 15 minutes. Was that the sound got a bit better when the 5 minutes flew by a good sign that the sound can return to normal? What you think is going to happen to my phone in general?

Please refrain from duplicate posting the same issue as it causes confusion.

If it dropped in some water and was immediately picked up meaning the time where the device was submerged was barely a few seconds, then you'd have only slight damage if any. Regardless of the submersion level, the device should be placed in rice for several days to ensure all moisture is completely siphoned from the device as a single droplet can make or break your device.

Being that its still too early to tell, try rebooting e device several times and testing out every feature to make sure no hardware issues are present from the moisture

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk