What's new

Weather Setting Not Saving

sbs8331

Reaction score
I'm running iOS 5.0 with the untethered jailbreak on my iPhone 4. I'm finding that my settings in the native weather app are not saving. If I delete a city and re-sequence the others, save the setting (clicking "Done"), then respring or reboot, the settings revert back to prior to my changes (the deleted city is back, the sequencing is as it was prior). I'm not sure if this is a symption of the jailbreak, the use of Lockinfo, or if it was the case prior to jailbreaking (I don't think so).

Does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance.

Hi, I got the same problem after my second jailbreak on my iPhone 4. For some reason, I didn't get into this on my first JB.
Fortunately, I looked into the filesystem and found a solution for this, it's rather simple:

1) Make sure your weather app isn't running (remove it from the task list).
2) Get iFile, SSH or whatever you want to access the filesystem.
3) Go to /var/mobile/Library/SyncedPreferences.
4) There, check for a file named "com.apple.weather.plist". Delete it.
5) Run the weather app again and configure it at your wish.
6) Check for changes (press Home and delete the app from the task manager), and open it back again. If everything was OK, your new settings were saved successfully.

HTH

Last edited:
Hi, I got the same problem after my second jailbreak on my iPhone 4. For some reason, I didn't get into this on my first JB.
Fortunately, I looked into the filesystem and found a solution for this, it's rather simple:

1) Make sure your weather app isn't running (remove it from the task list).
2) Get iFile, SSH or whatever you want to access the filesystem.
3) Go to /var/mobile/Library/SyncedPreferences.
4) There, check for a file named "com.apple.weather.plist". Delete it.
5) Run the weather app again and configure it at your wish.
6) Check for changes (press Home and delete the app from the task manager), and open it back again. If everything was OK, your new settings were saved successfully.

HTH

I did that and it worked, so thank you. However, I am curious because I would think the plist file would be recreated but it is not. Any idea where the new settings are stored?

dmalone said:
I did that and it worked, so thank you. However, I am curious because I would think the plist file would be recreated but it is not. Any idea where the new settings are stored?

All settings are stored in .plist files. plist means "Preference list".