What's new

Weather channel in season

amyberta

Reaction score
I keep getting in season reports for high pollen count in Rye N.Y. I don't live in N.Y. and I can't figure out how to

stop it. I don't have it in my favorites either. Hopefully somebody can help me.

Thanks
Amy

More information please. For example, what kind of reports, text messages or soething else? Did anyone else use the phone before you?

It comes up as a text. No nobody else uses the phone. I get it every day.

It comes up as a text. No nobody else uses the phone. I get it every day.

Try this: the next time you receive one of these texts, reply with the word "Stop". Send that back to them.

When I unlock phone, the message goes away, so I can't do that:(

Instead of sliding the unlock bar to unlock, slide on the text notification, that should open the text.

Also, go into your Notification settings and see what is in the group called In Notification Center. If you see something in there about Weather (besides the one called Weather Widget, which is the weather icon that came on the homescreen of your iphone, installed as stock by Apple and does not send notifications but lets you see your local weather when you pull down the Notification screen). In you find an additional weather app in your notification center, open that and then slide off the button on the Notification Center line. HTH

I took it out of the notification center and I'm still getting it. I think I will call the Apple store and see what they say.

I tried to slide the text, but nothing happened. I wonder if it is really a text, because once I tap on it, it is gone.