What's new

Watch FLASH Videos On Your iPhone, iPod Touch, And iPad

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtkX7eN26fY]YouTube - Watch FLASH Videos On Your iPhone, iPod Touch, And iPad - iOS Vlog 180[/ame]​

Yesterday, I posted a video on Skyfire 2.0 coming to iOS devices on November 4th. Well, it released today instead. Skyfire allows you to play Flash videos on your iOS device by sending the Flash content to the Skyfire servers, then they send it back, almost instantly, to play in HTML five. The buffer for each video, depending on the size, isn't too bad. Videos under five minutes should load within 20-30 seconds. This streams the video right on your device in pretty damn good quality.

Check it out in the App Store for $2.99 under the name Skyfire.

Or Click Here:
Skyfire Web Browser for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

From what people have been saying firefly runs slow. I dont know if its true ive been waiting to read a full review.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPb9eRNyIrQ]YouTube - D8 Video: Steve Jobs on Flash 2010[/ame]

Steve hates Adobe and Flash. Period. So you'll never see Flash offered on any platform from apple. Period.

Edit: Maybe if he retires and has no strings attached to apple, someone in charge there might wake up and realize the stupidity of prior management's decisions.

Last edited:
It's because it uses so much extra computing and battery power. So if it doesn't come with it apple can boast better stats

It's because it uses so much extra computing and battery power. So if it doesn't come with it apple can boast better stats

Correct about the energy consumption, but if that's apple's public excuse, then I wonder why they put 3G on the phones. I doubt very seriously that viewing a Flash website consumes more battery power than a 3G data connection. Just sayin'.............

Correct about the energy consumption, but if that's apple's public excuse, then I wonder why they put 3G on the phones. I doubt very seriously that viewing a Flash website consumes more battery power than a 3G data connection. Just sayin'.............

steve also said they will put on what ever the customer wants. we want FLASH bluetooth send receive... and lots of stuff apple refuses to add....

they also said they where the first to bring video chat to phones lol.. i cant believe they went with that lie

Did you see the review in engadget about the new MacBook air? Just surfing without flash installed the battery lasted 6hours... With flash only 4.... I think apple knows what they are doing when it comes to flash.... I do think they should give you the choice to use it on the iPhone... But if it degrades battery that much why even have it. Kinda the same as the droid with 4g... Drains the battery so fast you might as well just use a laptop.....

www.engadget.com/2010/11/04/macbook...onger-when-browsing/?icid=engadget-iphone-url

Last edited: