What's new

Warranty Firm Says Galaxy S6 Bends as Easily as iPhone 6 Plus

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
galaxy s6 bend.jpg

SquareTrade, an extended warranty service provider, has recently released a video in which it tries to compare the durability of the new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and HTC One M9. The test found out that thee Galaxy S6 Edge's pressure limits were comparable to the iPhone 6 Plus' testing.

However, the Galaxy's screen ended up cracking under the pressure instead of slightly bending, as it happened with the bigger-sized iPhone model. As a matter of fact, the iPhone 6 Plus survived 179 lbs of pressure, beating out the Galaxy S6 Edge's 149 lbs stress test.

[/center[

Source: YouTube

You cannot lengthen a physical object without increasing its thickness and expect structural integrity not to suffer. That's physics 101 stuff.

Last edited:
Makes me smile reading that though when I think of all the stick Apple got from the Apple bashers over iPhone 6 plus bending.

Makes me smile reading that though when I think of all the stick Apple got from the Apple bashers over iPhone 6 plus bending.

Indeed, it feels good to see it happening to another device :)

The most amusing part is watching Samsung react. Now they say the test isn't fair, it's pressure in excess of normal use etc. I guess they can't rerun all the ads they ran in October pointing out how IPhones handled the same testing.

The most amusing part is watching Samsung react. Now they say the test isn't fair, it's pressure in excess of normal use etc. I guess they can't rerun all the ads they ran in October pointing out how IPhones handled the same testing.
This. 100x this!