What's new

VOICE COMMAND calls

soundzen

Reaction score
is it possible with the iphone or is there an app to allow me to pronounce someone´s name and initiate a phone call.

its annoying to have to do so much tactile actions (specially when i´m driving and calling over bluetooth) to select on the menu the PHONE > CONTACTS > scroll 50 names to find the PERSON > select inside its INFO the correct number i want to call (sometimes i have cell and fix).

thanks for tips!

Hold down the "Home" button till you hear the beeps, say "Call Joe Jones" then say "Mobile" or "Home" or "Work" as the case may be. It will repeat what you said, and if you don't say "No", it will dial the call for you. Please download the manual and read it, it will save you a lot of time, the link is below.

Here's where you can find the iPad manual.

http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad

Hold down the "Home" button till you hear the beeps, say "Call Joe Jones" then say "Mobile" or "Home" or "Work" as the case may be. It will repeat what you said, and if you don't say "No", it will dial the call for you. Please download the manual and read it, it will save you a lot of time, the link is below.

Here's where you can find the iPad manual.

Apple - Support - Manuals

I have tried it and find it not accurate, so I prefer to use "favourites" for common calls.

I've found the voice commands function to not work well at all on the iPhone. Don't expect much. I placed a number of calls to the wrong people before I finally gave up.