What's new

Visual Voicemail

I_Luv_Apple

Reaction score
Has anyone else lost the visual voicemail facility as a consequence of updating their phone to OS6? If so does anyone know how to bring it back?

Mine still works... too good in fact, there are deleted voicemails in my box again. Do a hard restart and see if it does anything.

Has anyone else lost the visual voicemail facility as a consequence of updating their phone to OS6? If so does anyone know how to bring it back?

Me.

I've been looking for a way to fix this because I hate old school voicemail. I love visual voicemail and losing it sux.

I've tried resetting my Voicemail password. No dice.
Tried rebooting the phone. Still no banana.

I'm still hunting the web for a fix. When I find something I will post it here.

I called Customer Service and they fixed mine. They had me power the phone down and they did whatever they do and fixed it.

Okay tried I tried Resetting the Network Settings as suggested by some folks on the web.

settings >> general >> reset >> Reset Network Settings

That didn't work.

Tried resetting my voicemail password a couple more times. Nada.
Tried turning my voicemail password On/Off/On/Off/On/Off/On. Nope that didn't work.
Tried calling my iphone and leaving new voicemails. 7 times and not a damn thing changes.

There should be a GD option in the Settings to Enable/Disable Visual Voicemail. Then it should send some communication code to the Carrier that you wish to use Visual Voicemail.
Seriously this is garbage that I have to mess around until I wind up on the magical setting that triggers my phone to go back to Visual Voicemail.

I called Customer Service and they fixed mine. They had me power the phone down and they did whatever they do and fixed it.

Do you mean customer service for your carrier? (Like Verizon, AT&T, Sprint)
Or do you mean Apple Customer Service?

Just got off the phone with AT&T Customer service (pleasantly surprised they are available on a Sunday Morning at 12:48AM). They said when I purchased my wife's iPhone5 and and the Support Agent helped me select the "MobileShare" plan that Visual Voicemail was deactivated. wtf. Utter shyte. They said to call back in a few hours when their system was available and they can get it restored. So I logged into my account and voila! There it is in plain text: "Mobile Share for iPhone without Visual Voicemail" Now why in the world would anyone with an iPhone use anything but Visual Voicemail? I know, I know - there's got to be some folks that like calling in to retrieve their Voicemails.

heavystarch said:
Do you mean customer service for your carrier? (Like Verizon, AT&T, Sprint)
Or do you mean Apple Customer Service?

Sorry, Customer Service for Verizon.