What's new

Virgin 4ger

m17who

Reaction score
Just joined the site, loving it but have to admit a bit overwhelmong!

Have spent the last 2 days trying to figure out how to "jail break" my IPHONE 4 running 4.2.7

Thanks in advance

hello and welcome to the site!

i think there is a tethered jb but not sure about un tethered. i would advise against tethered jbs

Just joined the site, loving it but have to admit a bit overwhelmong!

Have spent the last 2 days trying to figure out how to "jail break" my IPHONE 4 running 4.2.7

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to the forum. Why don't u just upgrade and get the untether jailbreak? 4.2.7 isn't the latest firmware you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds GREAT! Where do I start? lol

This sounds GREAT! Where do I start? lol

Hold on. Unleashed will direct you to the right sources as soon as he found out here that you are waiting for a begaining link. I'm on my phone tapatalk and i can't really browse the forum to find the links for you. So hold on a moment for Unleashed to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome,

Since your on 4.2.7, you will be on verzion. So your on the latest firmware for your phone which is currently unjailbreakable, unless it's tethered. I would agree with unleashed and advise against it. 4.3.2 doesn't exist for verzion iPhones so the link bab gave you won't work...

i hope you did not try it. i put a little note on the thread..

there is an un tethered for 4.2.6 only, 4.2.7 is tethered and .8 there is no jb..

trust me if you tether jb you will regret it. its difficult but try hold out.

I attempted to do this yesterday, but got to this part and got confused:

Select your iPhone from the list of devices on the left. Now hold down Option and click the Restore button. Restore is preferred as it won't create any wasted space on your iPhone.

Do I load "what ever IPHONE image is recommended, and how? OR, do I back up, THAN upgrade to the new image?

I attempted to do this yesterday, but got to this part and got confused:

Select your iPhone from the list of devices on the left. Now hold down Option and click the Restore button. Restore is preferred as it won't create any wasted space on your iPhone.

Do I load "what ever IPHONE image is recommended, and how? OR, do I back up, THAN upgrade to the new image?

your using pwnage tool right?

can you show me what tutorial you are using

Yes, using "redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc14"

There is an untethered jailbreak through sn0wbreeze. I don't remember the link but you can google it. It works that is how I jailbroke mine.

Ok, another dumb newbie question: What is a "IPSW File?"

a ipsw file is the firmware file that itunes uses to update your idevice the file extension is .ipsw