What's new

View .xls files located on cloud accessible nas

dziadzi

Reaction score
Hi folks, hope someone can help. I have a Seagate NAS, which is cloud accessible, on which I have data files, .pdf, .doc, .jpg, .xls, etc. I have the Seagate GoFlex Access app on my ios6 iPad2. I have no problem opening and viewing everything, except the .xls files. I have searched every which way I can think to try to find an applicable answer, but to no avail. Anyone have an idea or a solution? Thx.

Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules
: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

Natively, iOS cannot run .xls files, so you'll need an application like Documents-to-Go, QuickOffice, Pages, Office[SUP]2[/SUP] or any other application that views documents in order to open it.

Thanks for your reply. I'm beginning to believe that I will need an app, but I'm curious why I can open a .xls file from an email attachment? And I have no issues with all of the other mentioned file types. I'm not disputing you, just don't quite understand the inconsistencies. Thanks.

Not entirely sure why. It might be that it's transposed when you download it through the mail.app

Last edited:
I'll check out those apps you mentioned. One of the problems I have with investigating the spreadsheet apps is that the descriptions don't mention whether the files have to be transported from itunes as linked to the app, or if the files can be opened as 'files' from the apps. And I really don't want to spend a lot of money just to find out that the app doesn't work as I expect. But regardless, thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

You can use those apps to open up files from just about any source: Dropbox and other cloud services, emails and such. If you want to directly transfer files over from your computer to those applications, several of them have built-in capabilities to do so as well.