What's new

Videos of Siri on the iPhone 4S Surface Showing Off the Voice-Only Capabilities

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score

MacRumors features a very impressive video today courtesy of German site iPhone-Ticker.de, which is basically a hands-on demo and review of the iPhone 4S, and in particular of how the voice-command feature Siri, which is currently exclusive to the new phone, works. It really is a fascinating feature, and far more sophisticated than probably many of us expected. Ask something like “where is New York?” and Siri will show you a map with New York pinpointed. I can see people having a lot of fun with Siri too, other than using it to perform tasks and keep you organized – just look what happens when the guy in the video asks some light-hearted questions of Siri, for example “how old are you?”, with Siri replying “I am not allowed to answer that question”! A lady never tells, even when she’s not real! My favourite part is when he tells Siri “I love you”, and Siri comes back with a priceless response. All that, and a sense of humour too! Amazing! And a little scary!

Source: Hands On iPhone 4S Video or What Happens If You Tell Siri "I Love You" - Mac Rumors

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it actually works like advertised. Pretty sweet!

Is siri only works with connected to wifi or 3g? Or it can also use without wifi or 3g? Cheers

sten said:
Is siri only works with connected to wifi or 3g? Or it can also use without wifi or 3g? Cheers

Siri uses what connection it grabs whether it's wifi or 3G same as any other app that requires a Internet connection.