What's new

Vibrating in Ear

hattrick

Reaction score
Something that has bugged me from the beginning with my iPhone is when I have it in vibrate mode, and in a call, I get annoying buzzing in my ear when I get a call or message. How can I turn that off? It seems that Apple should use the proximity thing that turns off the screen to do the same for notifications while on a call. It's pretty annoying. Or am I the only one?

Sent from my VZW iPhone 4 using iPhoneForums app.

hattrick said:
Something that has bugged me from the beginning with my iPhone is when I have it in vibrate mode, and in a call, I get annoying buzzing in my ear when I get a call or message. How can I turn that off? It seems that Apple should use the proximity thing that turns off the screen to do the same for notifications while on a call. It's pretty annoying. Or am I the only one?

Settings>sounds>turn vibrate off

iCrank said:
Settings>sounds>turn vibrate off

Yes, but I want my vibration on when I am in places where I can't have my ringer volume turned on.

Dude! If you're in Vibrate mode, it's gonna vibrate! No options can change that fact.

EWyatt said:
Dude! If you're in Vibrate mode, it's gonna vibrate! No options can change that fact.

Unless you turn vibrate off in silent mode in the settings menu! :D

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

darkstar2007 said:
Unless you turn vibrate off in silent mode in the settings menu! :D

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

So true. But I'm with ewyatt on this one. Lol.

Last edited:
EWyatt said:

That never happened with my "dumb phone." When I was on vibrate mode and in a call, it just did a simple on-call beep letting me know I have a call or message. You would think that a smartphone could do that too...