What's new

Very Weird Texting Issue...

downeaster1

Reaction score
Hey all,
I recently was texting my spouse today and he responded "dear lord what?" out of nowhere. So I questioned him about what he was talking about. He sent me a screenshot of our convo and sure enough it read that I had sent a message to him saying "Oh dear lord." This confuses me to no end because I did not send it nor have I ever sent anything with those words. I even searched the phone using the spotlight feature.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Or am I completely going mental?
We both have iPhone 4's. Mine is AT&T and his is Verizon. Both running iOS 5.0.1

Cheers!
Fred

Last edited:
This could be a side effect of one of your emails or phone numbers being registered in iMessage improperly. Which will allow messages to "Bleed" from another sender.

This happened to me when my daughter registered her iPhone 4 under iOS 5.0.1 using my account. We had to change her sign in and then toggle iMessage off and then back on, on each phone.

This could be a side effect of one of your emails or phone numbers being registered in iMessage improperly. Which will allow messages to "Bleed" from another sender.

This happened to me when my daughter registered her iPhone 4 under iOS 5.0.1 using my account. We had to change her sign in and then toggle iMessage off and then back on, on each phone.

Either that or this could be a good screen shot for "damn you auto correct .com" lol

I had same issue sort of but my husband opened his phone and there was a text in process of being written to one of his friends which said things that made no sense for either of us to text but of course I had to plead my case I wasn't trying to chat with his friends, ugh! Omg this iPhone is ruining my life!!!

I had same issue sort of but my husband opened his phone and there was a text in process of being written to one of his friends which said things that made no sense for either of us to text but of course I had to plead my case I wasn't trying to chat with his friends, ugh! Omg this iPhone is ruining my life!!!

Seriously, if that is what is ruining your life, you need to re-evaluate big time.

I mean tad bit exaggeration there bud.. Currently recovering from spinal surgery so let's call it some BS I don't want to deal with, lol!

Hey I saw yours too, very pretty! Didn't get much snow in KY this year so his coat is already blowing out, fun fun!!!

I had the same problem. When I would forward a txt to my email my wife would get it instead as a txt message. When she would txt me it would show up on my phone as coming from my number. I turned off iMessage and that corrected the problem.