What's new

Verizon Wireless Reports Record Sales for iPhone 4 Day 1

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
verizon-logo.JPG

Verizon Wireless issued a statement today announcing that yesterday, the first day that the Verizon iPhone 4 was available for existing customers to pre-order, saw the most successful first-day sales figures ever in the company's history. Here’s Dan Mead, president and chief executive officer for Verizon Wireless, sounding understandably quite pleased with the news!:

“This was an exciting day. In just our first two hours, we had already sold more phones than any first day launch in our history. And, when you consider these initial orders were placed between the hours of 3 a.m. and 5 a.m., it is an incredible success story. It is gratifying to know that our customers responded so enthusiastically to this exclusive offer --- designed to reward them for their loyalty”

Those Verizon customers who didn’t manage to get a phone before they were all sold out will get another chance on February 10 when Verizon will be opening its more than 2000 stores at 7 a.m. The phone will also be available at all Apple retail stores, Best Buy, select Wal-Mart stores, and online at verizonwireless.com and apple.com.

Source: Verizon Wireless

finally verizon is getting some of the action... they told apple NO in 2007 i bet they regret that

Makes you wonder how much bigger Verizon would be today if they would have said yes back then!

finally verizon is getting some of the action... they told apple NO in 2007 i bet they regret that

LOL i swear i almost cried that day when the company told us they werent going to sell the iphone. I am SO glad i have a Verizon iphone headed my way now!!! YAY monday