What's new

Verizon screwd me.

pandahou

Reaction score
Well am on a family plan with my mom and brothers. Well I read somewhere that if i had changed my plan to add mobile hotspot I can have unlimited. So I call and just ASK how it works. Well no I find out am paying extra for it and my mom pissed off that I did that and stuff. So anything that i can do to fix this maybe get it deducted or what.

Wait, so you're already enrolled in a tethering plan, but you forgot, so it's Verizon's fault?

Well am on a family plan with my mom and brothers. Well I read somewhere that if i had changed my plan to add mobile hotspot I can have unlimited. So I call and just ASK how it works. Well no I find out am paying extra for it and my mom pissed off that I did that and stuff. So anything that i can do to fix this maybe get it deducted or what.

Actually you are not screwed. Long story short; Mobile Hotspot is a month to month item. IE you can turn it off and only pay for that one month. So there is the good news.

Adding mobile hotspot does not change your account to unlimited. It creates two data buckets in reality. Your original plan is still in affect for your phone when you are not using hotspot. And when you turn it on, the hotspot has a data plan of its own. I you will have to look up the current rates.

Oh ok. Cause I didn't want the plan I was just asking them if this is true but I never agreed I wanted it.

lol maybe next time so your moms not mad have your own bill off of her account...

Oh ok. Cause I didn't want the plan I was just asking them if this is true but I never agreed I wanted it.
If you didnt want or ask for this plan and can prove that then the company may be guilty of misselling,sometimes companys record conversations,find out if this is the case.....also it helps if you know who you spoke to,date and time ect.

Last edited:
Well I personally CAN see them adding this on if they see that you are in fact tethering. I believe I had read that AT&T does a similar thing.

Never used the tethering til now and actually started to like it a bit so I'm guessing it worked out. So ima keep it. Sucks that I only have 4gb to use though.